twenty eight | christmas special 2008: the next doctor

While the Doctor took a step out of the TARDIS with a grin on his face and went to walk in the direction of people's voices that he could hear, Annabelle only silently eyed the snow that was falling down onto them with her eyes narrowed

And while she proceeded to walk after the Doctor with her hands shoved into her coat pockets and a scowl on her face, a man could be heard yelling, "Mistletoe! Mistletoe!"

It wasn't long afterwards that the Doctor had come to a halt and looked around himself with a wide grin on his face before he looked over at Annabelle and saw the way that she was looking around at everyone else.

After letting out a sigh, he tapped Annabelle on her arm and nodded his head forward, which got her to let out a sigh of her own before she started to walk after him and only watched him go out of his way to look at everything that caught his eye.

And while the Doctor continued to do just that, Annabelle couldn't help but wonder just what Donna would be saying if she was still with them and could see the snow falling down onto them and the people that were quickly moving past them in a hurry to do whatever it was that they needed to do for the day– and not the Doctor Donna.

She wanted to know what the regular and human version of Donna prior to the defeat of the Daleks and Davros would have said, if she was still with them.

And it was because of just how much her mood had worsened in regard to Donna's inability to travel with them ever again because of her possibility of dying– due to the consciousness of a Time Lord that she had in her head– that Annabelle wasn't the least bit aware that she was about to walk past the Doctor until she felt him grab onto her arm.

However, Annabelle wasn't aware that it was the Doctor had grabbed her, which got her to quickly turn to look up at him with her veins on display and that same scowl back onto her face before both her veins and the scowl had quickly disappeared from her face when she saw that it was in fact the Doctor that had grabbed onto her arm.

And while Annabelle ripped her arm out of the Doctor's grasp and turned her head to look away from him, the Doctor simply let out a sigh in response to her actions.

Ever since he was forced to remove all traces of himself, Annabelle, the TARDIS and everything that had happened ever since he first met Donna Noble from Donna's mind, Annabelle seemed to withdraw back into herself and was quickly starting to get back to the angry version of herself that she was prior to being tortured by the Master.

And although there were times prior to Annabelle meeting Donna that he wished that Annabelle would get back to being how she was prior to the events that took place when she was being held hostage by the Master, he also worried that her return to her old self would result in her getting back to killing innocent people all over again and he didn't know if he would truly be enough to keep her from doing just that– especially since she still had a strong reaction to having others grab onto her without her knowledge of them attempting to do just that.