thirty six | the vampires of venice

With his eyebrows furrowed and a bit of a frown on his face, a brown-haired young man– someone that Annabelle was told was Amy's fiancé Rory Williams– simply warily eyed Annabelle, while Annabelle simply continued to stare at him from where she st...

With his eyebrows furrowed and a bit of a frown on his face, a brown-haired young man– someone that Annabelle was told was Amy's fiancé Rory Williams– simply warily eyed Annabelle, while Annabelle simply continued to stare at him from where she stood near the door of the TARDIS with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes narrowed without even blinking– which only made Rory that much wary of her.

It was bad enough that Amy had proceeded to tell him that Annabelle Mikaelson was an Original vampire that could quite easily kill him, if it weren't for the fact that the Doctor hadn't chosen to take him into the TARDIS.

Now he had an apparently indestructible vampire only staring at him and not even saying a single word to him during the short amount of time in which he'd been in the TARDIS with Annabelle herself, Amy and the Doctor.

And the fact that he had sworn that he saw lines appear under her eyes for a brief moment before simply disappearing as if they weren't even there to begin with didn't help with the matter.

And it was because of just how uneasy he felt from Annabelle just staring at him and not saying anything that he simply turned his attention to the part of the TARDIS that the Doctor was in and working on some wiring, while Annabelle simply tilted her head as she listened to the Doctor say to Amy and Rory, "The life out there, it dazzles. I mean, it blinds you to the things that are important. I've seen it devour relationships and plans..." After the inside of the ship had shaken and some smoke came out, the Doctor said, "It's meant to do that."

While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to the Doctor's words and Rory only moved himself just a bit further away from the slightly amused Original vampire, the Doctor said, "...because for one person to have seen all that, to taste the glory and then go back, it will tear you apart." After pushing the goggles that he was wearing towards the top of his head, he said, "So, I'm sending you somewhere. Together."

In turn, Amy asked him, "What, like a date?"

The Doctor told her, "Anywhere you want, any time you want. One condition, it has to be amazing." As he made his way back up towards the top of the TARDIS where the controls were, he said, "The Moulin Rouge in 1890! The first Olympic Games! Think of it as a wedding present, because, frankly, it's either this or tokens."

As he made his way over towards another staircase and made his way up it, the Doctor asked him, "It's a lot to take in, isn't it? Tiny box, huge room inside. What's that about? Let me explain."

In turn, Rory said to him, "It's another dimension."

Then the Doctor said, "It's basically another dimen... What?"

With a shake of his head, Rory told him, "After what happened with Prisoner Zero, I've been reading up on all the latest scientific theories, FTL travel, parallel universes."

As he made his way back down the stairs, the Doctor said, "I like the bit when someone says, 'It's bigger on the inside'!" After coming to a halt in front of Rory, he said, "I always look forward to that. Granted, Annabelle herself never said it when she first stepped foot in here three years ago, but that was a different time for her. At the time, she still wanted me dead, but still. It is nice to hear the words 'it's bigger on the inside' every now and then and you've ruined it."