forty two | the pandorica opens

While the whirring sound of the TARDIS could be heard, the Doctor was going around the controls doing whatever it is that he deemed worthy enough to do at that exact moment and Amy stared at the ring that she held in her hands, Annabelle only blan...

While the whirring sound of the TARDIS could be heard, the Doctor was going around the controls doing whatever it is that he deemed worthy enough to do at that exact moment and Amy stared at the ring that she held in her hands, Annabelle only blankly stared ahead of herself as she chose to ignore the occasional times in which the Doctor had glanced over at her.

Ever since Amy had told the Doctor about how Annabelle had muttered the words 'no' and 'master' to herself when she was sleeping, the Doctor took it upon himself to keep a close eye on her and ensure that she wouldn't snap like she had nearly done when she almost killed Amy Pond when the Doctor was still living in the same home as Craig Owens because of the TARDIS practically throwing him out of it and leaving him stranded on Earth for a few days at the most.

It was quite troubling to the Doctor that Annabelle was refusing to talk to him or even let him try to help her with whatever it was that had gotten her to mutter 'master' under her breath.

But no matter how much he tried to see if there was something that Amy could do to possibly convince Annabelle into allowing him to help her, he still found himself without any sort of answers.

It was as if Annabelle would rather continue to suffer from whatever it was about the Master that had been haunting her than to let the Doctor help her.

And the Doctor didn't quite like that.

Not one bit did he like it.

But he couldn't do anything about it, since he did promise Annabelle that he would never force himself into her mind like the Master had done to her.

So, the most that he could do was occasionally glance over at her and hope that she would– one day– open herself up to him and give him the chance to help her, instead of refusing him and allowing her own suffering to continue.

But unfortunately for the Doctor, not even he was aware of just how truly stubborn Annabelle was after she'd made up her mind about something.

And due to her sole belief of no longer caring about him and wanting to hurt him in any way that she could for leaving her on her own the way that he did, that was exactly what she did.

And despite just how much she hated constantly being forced to be haunted by the Master's laughter any time that she just so happened to fall asleep, she found that she would rather suffer through that than to ever allow the Doctor anywhere close to the inside of her mind.

And it was because of her stubbornness on the matter and her refusal to even glance over at the Doctor that the Doctor let out a sigh before he made his way over towards the edge of the room and then poke his head into the section of the TARDIS that stood just below him.

And just a mere couple of seconds before Amy had hidden the ring in her hands from the Doctor, the Doctor said, "Vavoom!"

In turn, Amy said to him, "Va-what?"