two | the shakespeare code

While Annabelle simply stared directly at Martha with a blank look on her face, Martha asked the Doctor, "But how do you travel in time? What makes it go?"

The Doctor replied, "Oh, let's take the fun and the mystery out of everything. Martha, you don't want to know. It just does. Hold on tight!"

It wasn't long after Martha had fallen onto the floor of the TARDIS and Annabelle had only closed her eyes with a sigh that Martha yelled, "Blimey! Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing?"

The Doctor told her, "Yes, and I failed. Now, make the most of it. I promised you one trip and one trip only." After making his way over towards the door to the TARDIS, he said, "Outside this door, brave new world."

With a grin on her face, Martha asked him, "Where are we?"

As he opened up the door to the TARDIS, he said to her, "Take a look. After you." After watching Martha walk out of the TARDIS, the Doctor said, "Come along, Annabelle. Lots to see, lots to do."

Instead of doing as he said, Annabelle simply sped over to him before she told him, "Just know that if this is some plot of yours to leave me stranded at wherever it is that you've taken us, I will forcibly remove your head from the rest of your body and leave it at the highest point of this place without much of a care about just who it is that finds your head."

When the Doctor had only stared down at her, Annabelle glared up at him with a scowl on her face before she pushed her way past him and stepped outside of the TARDIS with the Doctor not that far behind her.

As soon as the Doctor had stepped foot outside of the TARDIS, Martha said, "Oh, you're kidding me. You're so kidding me! Oh, my God, we did it! We traveled in time! Where are we? No, sorry. Got to get used to this whole new language." While Annabelle had only rolled her eyes at Martha, Martha asked him, "When are we?"

It was then that the Doctor had quickly pulled her back and said, "Mind out!"

While Annabelle only took two simple steps away from the TARDIS, a woman from up above yelled, "Garde a l'eau!"

While Martha had stared up at the woman with a bucket in hand, the Doctor told her, "Somewhere before the invention of the toilet. Sorry about that."

With a shake of her head, Martha replied, "I-I've seen worse. I worked the late-night shift, A&E. But are we safe? I mean, can we move around and stuff?"

With a nod of his head, the Doctor replied, "Of course we can. Why do you ask?"

Martha told him, "It's like in the films. You step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Tell you what, then. Don't step on any butterflies. What have butterflies ever done to you?"

While Annabelle closed her eyes with a sigh and leaned into the TARDIS, Martha started to walk after the Doctor and asked him, "What if... I don't know. What if I kill my grandfather?"