thirty four | the time of angels

As he walked around the inside of the museum with Annabelle and Amy close behind him, the Doctor said, "Wrong

As he walked around the inside of the museum with Annabelle and Amy close behind him, the Doctor said, "Wrong. Wrong. Bit right, mostly wrong." While Annabelle only rolled her eyes at him, he said, "I love museums!"

In turn, Amy said to him, "Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? A big spaceship, Churchill's bunker... You promised me a planet next."

While Annabelle simply rolled her eyes at Amy, the Doctor said, "Amy, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delerium Archive, the final resting place of the headless monks, the biggest museum ever."

Amy told him, "You've got a time machine. What do you need museums for?"

With a point of his finger, the Doctor yelled, "Wrong! Very wrong!" Then– as he moved past the exhibit that he considered to be very wrong– he said, "Ooh! One of mine. Also, one of mine."

In turn, Amy said to him, "Oh, I see. It's how you keep score."

It wasn't long after she'd said those words that the Doctor had quickly walked around one glass casing in particular before resting his hands on the glass and staring down into it.

After making her way over towards the glass casing, Amy said, "Oh, great, an old box."

The Doctor told her, "It's from one of the old star liners. A Home Box."

Amy asked him, "What's a Home Box?"

The Doctor said to her, "Like a black box on a plane, except it homes." While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to his words, the Doctor said, "Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home with all the flight data."

Amy replied, "So?"

The Doctor told her, "The writing, the graffiti. Old High Gallifreyan." While Annabelle only silently looked between the Doctor and the Home Box with narrowed eyes, the Doctor said, "The lost language of the Time Lords. There were days, there were many days, these words could burn stars and raise up empires, and topple gods."

Amy asked him, "What does it say?"

With a nod of his head, the Doctor said, "'Hello, sweetie'."

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that he took the Home Box out of its glass casing and then proceeded to run off with it with Annabelle and Amy close behind him, while the sound of the alarm wailing could be heard in the museum.

Only mere moments after they'd started to run away from the glass casing with the Home Box, the three of them had entered the TARDIS and had taken off from the museum.

* * *

While the Doctor messed around with the controls, Amy asked him, "Why are we doing this?"

The Doctor told her, "'Cause someone on a spaceship twelve-thousand years ago is trying to attract my attention. Let's see if we can get the security playback working."