fifty one | a town called mercy

With his arms crossed over his chest, the Doctor read aloud, "'Mercy

With his arms crossed over his chest, the Doctor read aloud, "'Mercy. Eighty-one residents'."

With a hand on one of her hips, Amy said, "Look at this, it's a load of stones and lumps of wood."

In response to her words, the Doctor looked exactly at the stones and wood before he took out his sonic screwdriver and then proceeded to scan them with it.

After the Doctor had come to a halt beside her, Amy asked him, "What is it?"

The Doctor told her, "A load of stones and lumps of wood."

While Annabelle had simply snorted to herself and Kai had only raised his eyebrows in response to the Doctor's words, the Doctor took a step over the wood and stones that laid right in front of the entrance to the town.

And while Annabelle and Kai had also stepped over it and came to a halt on either side of the Doctor, Rory said to them, "Uh, the sign does say 'Keep Out'."

As he turned to face Amy and Rory, the Doctor replied, "I see 'Keep Out' signs as suggestions more than actual orders. Like 'Dry-Clean Only'."

While the Doctor had started to walk away from the town line, Rory repeatedly looked between Annabelle, Kai and Amy with furrowed eyebrows, shortly before Amy had also stepped out of the line and Annabelle and Kai had started to walk after the Doctor.

* * *

After a spark had come out of one of the streetlamps, the Doctor said with a snap of his fingers, "That's not right."

After the Doctor had pointed his sonic screwdriver at it and the familiar sound of its whirring could be heard, Rory said to him, "It's a streetlamp."

As he put the sonic screwdriver back into his coat, the Doctor replied, "An electric streetlamp, about ten years too early."

As he looked between the streetlamp and the Doctor, Rory said to him, "Well, it's only a few years out."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "That's what you said when you left your phone charger in Henry VIII's ensuite."

While Kai only chuckled to himself and Rory had proceeded to roll his eyes at Kai for about the billionth time since the two had met one another, Amy took a step towards the Doctor and said to him, "Doctor, um..."

While the five of them continued to walk through the town, the Doctor said, "Anachronistic electricity, 'Keep Out' signs, aggressive stares, has someone been peeking at my Christmas list?"

Once more, Amy said to him, "Doctor..."

Instead of bothering to say anything to Amy, the Doctor simply took out toothpick and put at least half of it into his mouth before he walked away from the four of them– leaving Annabelle to close her eyes with a sigh, Kai to simply roll his eyes at them and the married couple to simply stare after the Doctor.