forty six | a good man goes to war

Four months later

Four months later

Annabelle was in the home of yet another family and was slowly killing each and every single member of the family.

The difference this time, however, was that this family had a set of twins– one with an older sister and a younger brother, much like how she was older than Kol before he was murdered by Jeremy Gilbert.

And similarly to how Kol and Finn were killed, Annabelle poured gasoline on all of the family members and slowly– one by one– set each of them on fire.

The only person that she left alive to watch the murders of their entire family was the one twin sister, who had to watch as each and every single member of her family had burned to death.

However, Annabelle made sure to kill the girl's twin brother last, due to her desire of wanting the teenage girl to feel the same exact amount of pain that Annabelle had felt when she watched her own twin brother burst into flames after the white oak stake was shoved into his heart.

And as a result of Annabelle's mere wish of wanting the teenage girl to suffer before her eventual death, Annabelle set fire to the line of gasoline that had led straight to the twin brother after she'd compelled the girl to watch as her own brother had died from being burned to death.

After the twin brother's screams had finally ceased and he simply laid on the floor face-first, Annabelle crouched down in front of the twin sister before she stared into the teenage girl's eyes and said to her, "Tell me how it felt, knowing that you could do nothing but watch as your own family burned to death right in front of your very eyes."

As she started to sob to herself, the teenage girl told her, "Terrible. I felt terrible. I've never felt anything like that before."

After she'd feigned a pout, Annabelle grabbed the sides of the teenager's face as she said to her, "Of course you haven't. But you know what? I have. That is exactly how I lost two of my brothers, but the difference is that I only saw my own twin brother die similarly to how your own twin brother had just been killed. So, tell me, if it weren't for the fact that I've already compelled you to stay seated in this chair and do nothing to me, what would you have done after watching your entire family burn to death right in front of your eyes?"

As she tried to force herself to stop sobbing, the teenage girl replied, "I would have killed you."

Annabelle only let out a chuckle as she replied, "Of course you would have, but to be honest, darling, I can't be killed. So, now that it's established that you can't harm me, no matter how much you might want to, I think it's high time that you die as well." While the teenager's eyes had widened, Annabelle simply tilted her head and continued to stare into the girl's eyes as she said, "No matter how much you might want to run and try to live yet another day of your incredibly dull life, I want you to stay seated right here and remain silent. And do you know why?"