twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead

While Annabelle silently eyed the way that the Doctor mindlessly talked to the woman that he had just sat down beside, she overheard a voice say, "Right, close off the area

While Annabelle silently eyed the way that the Doctor mindlessly talked to the woman that he had just sat down beside, she overheard a voice say, "Right, close off the area. Get all these people cleared. She has got to be here somewhere."

Then another voice was heard yelling, "Robinson, clear the road! Get the whole place sealed off."

Then the same voice from before said, "She's on the bus. She's on the... Come on, get the car. It's definitely her, come on. Move it." While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to the man's words, the man yelled, "Jackson, follow that bus!"

It wasn't long after the sound of a siren wailing could be heard that the Doctor said to the woman that he was sitting beside, "Funny thing is, I don't often do Easter, I can never find it. It's always at a different time. Although, I remember the original. Between you and me, what really happened was..." After beeping was heard coming from his device, he said, "Oh, sorry, hold on to that for me."

After having already handed the rest of the chocolate over towards the woman, the Doctor said to her, "Actually, go on, have it, finish it. It's full of sugar and I'm determined to keep these teeth." As he glanced over at Annabelle, he said, "And my friend Annabelle– that's her over there– she was promised this chocolate, but I suppose she could always either steal some more or compel the next person that we find into giving her their chocolate."

As he continued to pull his device out of his coat, he said, "Funny thing, though. I never thought someone like Annabelle would actually enjoy eating chocolate, but, you know, as the saying goes..." Then he pulled the device out of his coat and said, "Ah!"

While the woman only silently looked between Annabelle and the Doctor, the Doctor shook his device around as he said, "Oh, we've got excitation! I'm picking up something very strange."

In turn, the woman said to him, "I know the feeling."

* * *

As he messed around with the device some more, the Doctor said, "Rhondium particles, that's what we're looking for. This thing detects them." As he turned to look over at the woman that he was sitting beside, the Doctor said, "The little dish should go round, that little dish there."

In turn, the woman said to him, "Right now, a way out would come in pretty handy. Can you detect me one of those?"

It wasn't long afterwards that another passenger on the bus asked, "Lou, can you hear them?"

Then another passenger– one that went by the name of Lou– asked the second woman, "Hear what, sweetheart?"

The second woman told him, "The voices. So many voices. Calling to us. Calling so far."

It was then that Annabelle turned to look over at the Doctor as she said, "Doctor?"

With a mere turn of his head, the Doctor asked her, "What is it?"