forty one | the lodger

After opening the door to the TARDIS and sticking his head out of it, the Doctor said, "No, Amy, it's definitely not the fifth moon of Sinda Callista

After opening the door to the TARDIS and sticking his head out of it, the Doctor said, "No, Amy, it's definitely not the fifth moon of Sinda Callista." As he leaned himself further out of the TARDIS, he said, "I think I can see a Ryman's."

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that the Doctor ended up finding himself being seemingly thrown out of the TARDIS before landing on the ground.

And– after raising the top part of himself off of the ground– the Doctor yelled, "Amy!" While the TARDIS seemingly disappeared right in front of him, he yelled, "Amy! Annabelle!"

And while the Doctor only stared at the spot in which the TARDIS had just disappeared from, Annabelle only let out a sigh when several sparks were seen coming out of the controls of the TARDIS.

Amy, on the other hand, was screaming before she looked at the screen that she was holding onto and said, "Doctor! It's saying we're on Earth! Essex, Colchester."

It wasn't long after she'd said those words that the sparks had suddenly stopped coming out of the controls of the TARDIS, which allowed Amy to let go of the handlebar attached to the screen before she said, "Doctor? It's taking off again." Then– after starting to look around herself– she asked, "Doctor, can you hear me?"

With a sigh and yet another roll of her eyes, Annabelle said, "He isn't here."

With a quick turn of her head, Amy asked her, "What do you mean he isn't here? Where is he, then?"

With a mere tilt of her head, Annabelle said to her, "Well, you said it yourself that we were in Essex, Colchester, so I do believe that it is safe to assume that he's there, too."

With furrowed eyebrows, Amy asked her, "But why would the TARDIS take off without him? It's never even done that sort of thing before."

In response to Amy's words, Annabelle only squeezed her eyes shut as her mind took her back to the time where– shortly after the dagger had been taken out of her heart by the Master and she had actually woken up– the Master had gone out of his way to tell her that he'd taken the TARDIS from the Doctor and the Doctor was left behind to deal with the Futurekind.

At the time, Annabelle couldn't understand why the Master was telling her about how he'd taken the TARDIS and left the Doctor, Martha Jones and Captain Jack Harkness back in the end of the universe with no one but the Futurekind to keep them company, but now she knew.

That was his very first attempt at breaking her– by telling her that there was no Doctor to save her from him and keep him from doing what he did from the moment that he'd pulled the dagger out of her heart.

And that was to torture her for the next eighteen months until the Doctor, Captain Jack and Martha had all shown up back in modern-day London.

Only, they were far too late to truly stop the Master from acting out his plan– since he did have about two years to set his plan to motion and get himself elected as Prime Minister.