fifty two | the angels take manhattan

While Annabelle simply rolled her eyes at Kai and his insistence of annoying Rory, the Doctor read aloud, "'New York growls at my window, but I was ready for it

While Annabelle simply rolled her eyes at Kai and his insistence of annoying Rory, the Doctor read aloud, "'New York growls at my window, but I was ready for it. My stocking seams were straight, my lipstick was combat-ready, and I was packing cleavage that could fell an ox at twenty feet...'"

With her back pressed against the Doctor, Amy said to him, "Doctor, you're doing it again."

With a quick turn of his head, the Doctor replied, "I'm reading!"

In turn, Amy said to him, "Aloud. Please, could you not?"

After both Amy and the Doctor had quickly turned to look at one another, the Doctor said to her, "There's something different about you, isn't there?"

With a mere raise of his head, Rory asked the Doctor, "What's the book?"

The Doctor said to him, "Melody Malone. She's a private detective in old town New York."

Then Amy said, "She's got ice in her heart and a kiss on her lips and a vulnerable side she keeps well-hidden."

While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to Amy's words, the Doctor turned to Amy and asked her, "Oh, you've read it?"

Amy replied, "You read it, aloud, and then went, 'Yowzah'!"

While Annabelle simply smirked to herself in response to the look that the Doctor had on his face, Rory said to the Doctor, "You know, only you could fancy someone in a book."

Just as Kai had opened his mouth to say something on the matter, Rory had turned to him and said, "And no, Kai, those Playboy magazines that you keep going on about don't count."

As he sat up from where he was lying down on the piece of stone that they were all on top of, Kai turned to Rory with his eyebrows raised and asked him, "Now, how do you know about me talking about 'em, huh? Because last I checked, I never talked to you about it. I've only talked to Annie about it. I mean, sure, she ignores half of what I'm saying, but still." When Rory had only rolled his eyes in response to Kai's words, Kai feigned a gasp as he pressed a hand against his chest and said, "Oh, don't tell me. I've actually managed to grow on you, Corey."

Rory replied, "I don't know how you expect to grow on anyone when you insist on calling everyone anything that isn't even their name. I mean, according to you, you call two of Annabelle's brothers Nikolai and Elias, you've been calling Annabelle 'Annie' for I don't even know how long, you've been calling me 'Corey' and you've been calling Amy 'Amanda'. Then there's the fact that you've been talking to Annabelle about someone that you're calling 'Servant'. And let's not even get started on the fact that you're still debating on whether or not you should call the Doctor 'Doctor' or 'Patient' just to see how he would react to being called 'Patient'." When Kai had only tilted his head with a mere raise of his eyebrows and a bit of a smirk on his face, Rory said to him, "And now you're looking proud about it. Why do I even bother talking to you?"