twenty four | midnight

With her back pressed against a nearby wall and her arms crossed over her chest, Annabelle only snorted to herself when she heard Donna say on the other end of the phone, "I said, no

With her back pressed against a nearby wall and her arms crossed over her chest, Annabelle only snorted to herself when she heard Donna say on the other end of the phone, "I said, no."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "A sapphire waterfall. It's a waterfall made of sapphires! This enormous jewel the size of a glacier reaches the Cliffs of Oblivion and then shatters into sapphires at the edge, then fall 100,000 feet into a crystal ravine."

Donna replied, "I bet you say that to all the girls."

While Annabelle simply turned her head to look over at the Doctor with a single eyebrow raised, the Doctor said to Donna, "Oh, come on. They're boarding now. It's no fun if it's just me and Annabelle going to see it. Four hours, that's all it'll take."

Donna told him, "No. That's four hours there and four hours back. That's like a school trip. I'd rather go sunbathing."

Then the Doctor said to her, "You be careful. That's extonic sunlight."

Donna replied, "Oh, I'm safe. It says in the brochure this glass is fifteen feet thick."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Alright. I give up. We'll be back for dinner. We'll try that antigravity restaurant, with bibs."

Donna said to him, "That's a date. Well, not a date. Oh, you know what I mean. Oh, get off."

The Doctor said to her, "See you later."

Then Donna said to him, "Oi! And you be careful, alright? Both of you."

The Doctor replied, "Nah! Taking a big space truck with a bunch of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight? What could possibly go wrong?"

* * *

While Annabelle stared ahead of herself with a blank look on her face and a pair of noise-canceling headphones covering her ears– ones that she was using to listen to the classical music of Ludwig van Beethoven– that the Doctor had gotten for her so that she didn't have to complain about just how much the heartbeats of the other passengers were making her want to tear into their necks and kill them for just the hell of it, the hostess in the vehicle said, "Complimentary juice pack and complimentary headphones."

A nearby woman said, "Just the headphones, please."

Then the hostess made her way over towards where the Doctor and Annabelle were sitting before she said to the Doctor, "That's the headphones for channels 1 to 36. Mobile link for 3D vidgames, complimentary earplugs, complimentary slippers, complimentary juice pack and complimentary peanuts. I must warn you that some products may contain nuts."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "That'd be the peanuts."

After glancing over at Annabelle and seeing the way that her hands were tightly clenched into fists, the hostess plastered a wide smile on her face before she said to the Doctor, "Enjoy your trip."