sixteen | the fires of pompeii

While Donna and the Doctor had stepped out of the TARDIS to walk around what the Doctor had claimed was Ancient Rome, Annabelle only remained inside of the TARDIS and blankly stared up at the ceiling of the TARDIS with her head hanging off of the ...

While Donna and the Doctor had stepped out of the TARDIS to walk around what the Doctor had claimed was Ancient Rome, Annabelle only remained inside of the TARDIS and blankly stared up at the ceiling of the TARDIS with her head hanging off of the back of the Doctor's chair and her eyes narrowed.

Ever since Donna had made the mistake of lightly touching Annabelle's arm and Annabelle had taken it upon herself to try and tear into Donna's neck, the Doctor had made sure that the two women were kept far enough away from one another– in his own attempt to keep Annabelle from killing Donna in a moment of pure and blinding rage because of her belief that the Master had come back from the dead to psychologically torture her once more.

And in an attempt to continue keeping the two women away from one another, the Doctor had made the decision that Annabelle was to remain inside of the TARDIS, while he and Donna walked around– what he claimed to be– Ancient Rome.

And that was exactly what Annabelle was doing.

She was sitting in the Doctor's chair and simply listening to the words of those that had walked past the TARDIS before she closed her eyes and tried to tune out the sound of their voices and their steady heartbeats.

Unfortunately for Annabelle, it took several moments until she was able to ignore the sound of their voices and their heartbeats.

And when she finally was able to ignore the sounds that she could hear coming from the outside of the TARDIS, Annabelle was quick to open her eyes and sit up straight in the chair that she was sitting on.

But it wasn't because she could feel the TARDIS moving once again.

Instead, it was because a pair of light brown eyes had flashed through her mind, which resulted in her eyes widening and her hands almost immediately clenching into fists.

Annabelle knew that particular pair of eyes very well.

After all, how could she not?

It was those very eyes that she was forced to look into during the many months in which she'd been tortured by the Master.

Those very same eyes were the same pair of eyes that liked to haunt her any time she so much as tried to go to sleep after spending quite some time just blankly staring at the Doctor, while he would go running around and saving everyone from some terrible death that always involved extraterrestrials that Annabelle wouldn't have known had even existed– if it weren't for her stepping into his TARDIS and joining him and Martha Jones with meeting William Shakespeare in the year 1599.

And any time that she would be awoken by either just seeing those pair of light brown eyes in the dark corners of her mind or hearing the voice of the Master just echoing in her head as he taunted her about something or even just hearing his laughter, she would start to feel just a bit more than a split second of emotions before it would be pushed aside and forgotten about.