twenty one | the unicorn and the wasp

As he took a step out of the TARDIS with Donna and Annabelle close behind him, the Doctor said, "Oh, smell that air

As he took a step out of the TARDIS with Donna and Annabelle close behind him, the Doctor said, "Oh, smell that air." While Donna closed the door behind herself, the Doctor said, "Grass and lemonade and a little bit of mint."

While the three of them walked away from the TARDIS, the Doctor said, "Just a hint of mint. It must be the 1920's."

With her eyebrows furrowed, Donna asked him, "You can tell what year it is, just by smelling?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, yeah."

With a point of her finger, Donna said, "Or maybe that big vintage car coming up the drive, gave it away."

Shortly after Donna had said those words, Annabelle could hear the sound of the car beeping before she heard a voice say, "The professor's luggage, Richard, step lively. Good afternoon, Professor Peach."

As he walked away from the car, Professor Peach said to him, "Hello, Greeves, old man." Then– with a turn of his head– he said to a man approaching on a bicycle, "Ah, Reverend."

In turn, the Reverend said to him, "Professor Peach. Beautiful day. Lord's in his heaven, all's right with the world."

Then Greeves said, "Reverend Golightly." While Richard went to take Reverend Golightly's bicycle, Greeves told the two of them, "Lady Eddison requests that you make yourselves comfortable in your rooms. Cocktails will be served on the lawn from half past four."

Professor Peach said to Reverend Golightly, "You go on up. I need to check something in the library."

In turn, Reverend Golightly said, "Oh?"

Then Professor Peach said to him, "Alone."

Reverend Golightly told him, "It's supposed to be a party. All this work'll be the death of you."

While Reverend Golightly went to walk into the home that stood in front of him, Donna said, "Never mind planet Zog! A party in the 1920's, that's more like it."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Trouble is, we haven't been invited." Then– as he pulled out his psychic paper– he said, "Oh, I forgot. Yes, we have."

* * *

With a snap of her fingers, a woman said, "Look sharp. We have guests."

With a wave of his hand, the Doctor said, "Good afternoon."

Richard made his way over towards them and asked, "Drinks, sir, ma'ams?"

Donna said to him, "A sidecar, please."

Then Annabelle said, "A White Lady for me."

Then the Doctor said, "And a lime soda. Thank you."

While Richard started to walk away from them, Greeves said, "May I announce Lady Clemency Eddison."

With a grin on his face, the Doctor said, "Lady Eddison."