fourteen | Christmas Special 2007: Voyage of the Damned

Because of him not knowing just how Annabelle would react to being grabbed at by him after seeing how she would flinch just from seeing the Master's hands move anywhere near her face, the Doctor had only looked over at her and said to her, "Annabelle

Because of him not knowing just how Annabelle would react to being grabbed at by him after seeing how she would flinch just from seeing the Master's hands move anywhere near her face, the Doctor had only looked over at her and said to her, "Annabelle." When Annabelle had only raised her head and looked up at him, he said to her, "Time to get out of the TARDIS."

After only blinking at him, Annabelle silently stood up from where she was practically sitting on the floor and went to take her mobile fridge with her, only to stop when the Doctor said to her, "I'm sorry, Annabelle, but you can't bring that with you– not until I know just what's going on here and why that ship had coming crashing into the TARDIS, okay?"

Instead of responding, she only stared at him for a single moment before she eventually started to slowly walk after him with that very same blank look on her face.

And in response to seeing her start to walk towards him, the Doctor turned his back on her and whispered to himself, "Alright, I can do this. I can figure out why that ship had come crashing into us, while also keeping Annabelle from– quite possibly– snapping and killing everyone that we might see."

Then– after letting out a sigh– he opened the door to the TARDIS and took a step out of it and let Annabelle also take a step out of it before he closed the TARDIS door behind her.

And then– after wiping away the dust that was on his coat– he opened a nearby door and could see something similar to a ballroom sitting on the other side of the door with many people both sitting and standing inside of the room.

And while he walked around the room, he made sure to occasionally glance over at Annabelle and make sure that she wasn't sneaking off from him in some attempt to kill an unsuspecting person before he stopped in front of a mechanical and golden figure with– what looked like– a halo on the top of its head.

When the mechanical figure had only turned to him with its hands still pressed together, the Doctor only eyed it before he started to walk once more with an all too silent Annabelle Mikaelson close behind him, which allowed him to see a short and red creature with spikes on its head as it said, "Christmas is funny..."

After turning to look out of a nearby window and then proceeding to stare at the outside of the ship, the Doctor said, "Right."

It wasn't long afterwards that a voice was heard saying, "Attention all passengers. The Titanic is now in orbit above Sol 3, also known as Earth. Population, human. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Christmas."

* * *

While Annabelle had only blankly stared ahead of herself and at an unfortunate passenger that was unnerved by just how long Annabelle had been apparently staring at him, the Doctor stared down at a screen in the room as a video started to play on it and a bald-headed man in the video said, "Max Capricorn Cruise liners. The fastest, the furthest, the best. And I should know because my name is Max."