fifty five | 50th anniversary special: the day of the doctor

With her eyebrows raised and her head tilted just a bit to the side, Annabelle watched as Clara Oswald drove her bike into the TARDIS

Her three friends– Joseph Valentine, Kai Parker and Dorothy Sullivan– were all quietly talking amongst one another about how seemingly different Annabelle was whenever she was traveling with the Doctor, compared to how she was in New Orleans prior to them being picked up by him.

Then there was the Doctor, who wore on his face the glasses of Amy Pond, as he read the Advanced Quantum Mechanics book that he was holding on one of his two hands.

It wasn't until Clara had taken the helmet off of herself with a mere shake of her head that the Doctor said to her, "Draught." After the doors to the TARDIS had closed with a mere snap of Clara's fingers, the Doctor closed the book that he was reading from and asked Clara, "Fancy a week in Ancient Mesopotamia, followed by future Mars?"

While the Doctor started to stand up on his feet, Clara asked him, "Will there be cocktails?"

After taking off Amy's old pair of reading glasses, the Doctor said, "On the Moon."

With a slight turn of her head, Clara said to him, "The Moon'll do."

Then– after the both of them had let out laughs– both Clara and the Doctor had quickly wrapped their arms around one another before the Doctor had started to repeatedly spin himself and Clara around into circles near the controls of the TARDIS.

It wasn't until after the Doctor had put Clara back down onto the floor that he asked her, "How's the new job? Teach anything good?"

With a shake of her head, Clara said to him, "No. Learn anything?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Not a thing."

Then– after they'd hit their hands against one another– a clank was heard, followed shortly by the whirring of the TARDIS.

After the six of them had looked up at the ceiling of the TARDIS, Clara asked the Doctor, "What's happening?"

The Doctor said, "Whoa, whoa. We're taking off. But the engines aren't going."

It was then that Annabelle and her three friends could hear the voice of a man say from the outside of the TARDIS, "Wait for it to level, Greyhound leader. Blue Eagle is airborne and ready to receive. We're on our way."

It wasn't long after those words were heard by the four supernatural beings that the Doctor had started to mess around with the controls.

* * *

While Kai, Dorothy and Joseph each closely stood behind the Doctor and stared down at the ground that they were getting further and further away from, both Annabelle and Kai immediately recognized the voice of Kate Stewart, who could be heard saying from the other end of the phone call, "Doctor, hello. We found the TARDIS in a field. I'm having it brought in."