seven | 42

After holding his sonic screwdriver over the flip phone, the Doctor said, "Right, well, there we go, universal roaming

After holding his sonic screwdriver over the flip phone, the Doctor said, "Right, well, there we go, universal roaming. Never have to worry about a signal again."

After catching the phone that had been tossed over to her, Martha said, "No way. This is too mad. You're telling me I can phone anyone anywhere in space and time on my mobile?"

The Doctor replied, "As long as you know the area code. Frequent flyers' privilege. Go on, try it."

It was then that an alarm was heard inside of the TARDIS, which got Annabelle to simply close her eyes with a sigh.

It wasn't long afterwards that the Doctor said, "Distress signal. Clocking off. Might be a bit of... turbulence. Sorry." Then he started to quickly make his way over towards the door to the TARDIS as he said, "Come on, Annabelle, Martha, let's take a look."

As soon as the door to the TARDIS had been opened, Annabelle could hear a voice from the outside of the TARDIS say, "Automated distress signal transmitted."

As he took a step out of the TARDIS, the Doctor said, "Whoa, now, that is hot."

Once more, the voice said, "Automated distress signal transmitted."

While Annabelle had simply eyed the place that they were in with narrowed eyes and her head tilted to the side after stepping outside of the TARDIS, Martha said, "It's like a sauna in here." Then Martha looked over at Annabelle and saw the way that she wasn't even fazed by the heat in the room, which got Martha to ask her, "Is the heat in this room really not bothering you?"

In turn, Annabelle asked her, "Should it?"

While Martha's eyebrows had only furrowed in response to Annabelle's words, the Doctor had furrowed his own eyebrows as he said, "Venting systems working at full pelt, trying to cool down, uh, wherever it is we are. Well, if you can't stand the heat..." After pushing open a door and taking a step out of the room, he said, "That's better."

It was then that the three of them heard a voice yell, "Oi, you three!"

Then they heard another voice yell, "Get out of there!"

Then a third voice was heard yelling, "Seal that door now!"

While the two men were quick to close the door to the room, the woman asked them, "Who are you? What are you doing on my ship?"

Then one of the men asked them, "Are you police?"

In turn, the Doctor asked them, "Why would we be police?"

Martha told them, "We got your distress signal."

The Doctor asked them, "If this is a ship, why can't I hear any engines?"

The woman replied, "It went dead four minutes ago."

Then another one of the men said, "So maybe we should stop chatting and get to Engineering, Captain."