twenty seven | journey's end

With furrowed eyebrows, Annabelle watched as the Doctor turned to the glass casing that held his cut off hand before the entire blast of the regeneration went into the container

It wasn't long afterwards that the Doctor had stumbled back a bit and continued to look like himself, which got Annabelle, Rose, Captain Jack and Donna to only stare at him with furrowed eyebrows, shortly before he asked them, "Now then, where were we?"

And while he walked past them, the four of them only continued to stare at the place that he once stood in with the same look on each of their faces.

It wasn't until the shock had worn off that he hadn't changed entirely that Annabelle said, "I'm going to kill him." While Rose and Donna slowly turned their heads to look over at Annabelle, Annabelle said, "I'm going to allow him to save the planet from whatever plans that the Daleks might have for it, and then I'm going to kill him."

* * *

As he stared into the container that held his hand, the Doctor said, "There now." After the bright and yellow lights had disappeared from the container, the Doctor stood back up as he said, "You see? Used the regeneration energy to heal myself, but as soon as that was done, I didn't need to change. I didn't want to, why would I? Look at me. So to stop the energy going all the way, I siphoned off the rest into a handy bio-matching receptacle, namely, my hand, my hand there. My handy spare hand!"

Then he turned to Rose and asked her, "Remember? Christmas Day, Sycorax? Lost my hand in a swordfight? That's my hand! What do you think?"

After taking a couple of steps over to him, Rose asked him, "You're still you?"

With a mere shake of his head, the Doctor told her, "I'm still me."

After simply smiling to herself, Rose quickly wrapped her arms around him, shortly before Donna said to Captain Jack, "You can hug me if you want." After Captain Jack had only let out a laugh, Donna told him, "No, really, you can hug me."

And while Rose and the Doctor continued to hug one another, Captain Jack turned to Annabelle and said to her, "Well, it's good to see that you're back to your old self, compared to how you were the last time I saw you." When Annabelle turned her head to simply look over at him, he said to her, "You're not just staring through me now and you're actually talking now."

It was then that Donna asked Captain Jack, "What exactly happened the last time that you two saw each other?" When Captain Jack only turned his head to look over at Donna, Donna said to him, "The Doctor said that she was tortured by someone and that the torture had changed her, but he never said who it was."

Instead of responding to her question, Captain Jack only repeatedly looked between Annabelle and Donna, shortly before Annabelle had turned her head when she heard the voice of a Dalek yelling from the outside of the TARDIS, "Report! TARDIS has been located." Then– a couple of seconds afterwards– she heard the same Dalek yell, "Temporal prison initiated!"