eleven | utopia

After the TARDIS had landed, the Doctor yelled, "Cardiff!"

In turn, Martha said, "Cardiff?"

As he walked over towards the other side of the controls, the Doctor said to her, "Ah, but the thing about Cardiff, it's built on a rift in time and space. Just like California on the San Andreas Fault, but the rift bleeds energy. Every now and then I need to open up the engines, soak up the energy, and use it as fuel."

Martha asked him, "So it's a pit stop?"

The Doctor replied, "Exactly! Should only take twenty seconds. The rift's been active."

While Annabelle had turned her head at the sound of repetitive breathing and loudly increasing footsteps being heard from the outside of the TARDIS, Martha said, "Wait a minute. They had an earthquake in Cardiff a couple of years ago. Was that you?"

The Doctor told her, "Bit of trouble with the Slitheen. A long time ago. Lifetimes. I was a different man back then."

Then Annabelle had simply tilted her head when she heard a man yell from the outside of the TARDIS, "Doctor!"

After making his way back over to the other side of the controls, the Doctor said, "Finito. All powered up."

After a couple of seconds, he pulled one of the levers, which resulted in the TARDIS suddenly leaving Cardiff, shortly before both Martha and the Doctor had come crashing onto the floor of the TARDIS.

Annabelle, on the other hand, only rolled her eyes to herself with her arms crossed over her chest and her head tilted to the side.

And while the Doctor and Martha had started to stand back up, Martha asked him, "What's that?"

The Doctor told her, "We're accelerating into the future. The year one billion. Five billion. Five trillion. Fifty trillion? What? The year one-hundred trillion? That's impossible."

In turn, Martha asked him, "Why? What happens then?"

With a mere turn of his head, the Doctor said to her, "We're going to the end of the universe."

Once more, Annabelle had heard the same voice from before yell from just outside of the TARDIS, "Doctor!"

* * *

After the TARDIS had finally landed, the Doctor said, "Well, we've landed."

With a mere turn of her head, Martha asked him, "So what's out there?"

The Doctor replied, "I don't know."

In turn, Martha said to him, "Say that again. That's rare."

The Doctor told her, "Not even the Time Lords came this far. We should leave. We should go. We should really, really go."

As soon as Annabelle saw the Doctor and Martha had simply grinned to themselves before they quickly ran over towards the door to the TARDIS, she simply snorted to herself before she walked after them with a sigh.