fifty four | the name of the doctor

As he walked through the home of Angie and Artie Maitland, the Doctor asked, "Angie? Artie? Am I getting warm? Angie? Artie? Am I getting warm? Am I getting warm?" After thrusting forward an arm with a cloth tied around his face, he asked, "Am I g...

As he walked through the home of Angie and Artie Maitland, the Doctor asked, "Angie? Artie? Am I getting warm? Angie? Artie? Am I getting warm? Am I getting warm?" After thrusting forward an arm with a cloth tied around his face, he asked, "Am I getting warm? Look, I'm pretty sure you have to tell me if I'm getting warm. I'm-I'm-I'm-I'm pretty sure that's in the rules."

Then– after a single set of footsteps was heard going down a set of stairs– he heard Clara say, "Doctor?"

In turn, the Doctor said, "Ha! Clara. How are you? Don't worry, everything is under control."

Then Clara asked him, "What are you doing?"

As he turned to face the sound of where Clara's voice was coming from, he told her, "Oh, um, Mr. Maitland went next door so, uh, I said I'd look after the kids with the help of Annabelle, Kai, Dorothy and Joseph. They wanted to go to the cinema, but I said no. I said, 'No, not until you wake up'. I was very firm."

In turn, Clara said to him, "At which point, they suggested blind man's buff."

The Doctor said to her, "Yes. Where are they?"

As she went to take the cloth off of his face, Clara told him, "At the cinema."

Then the Doctor said, "The little Daleks! Why didn't Annabelle or her friends tell me that they left?" Then he turned to Clara and asked her, "What's wrong?"

* * *

After pouring some tea into a cup, Clara asked, "So, who was she? Lady with the funny name and the space hair."

While Annabelle only frowned to herself as she ignored the small argument that Kai and Joseph were currently having with one another and Dorothy's attempts to end the argument, the Doctor said, "An old friend of mine and Annabelle's."

Then Clara asked him, "What, like an ex?"

The Doctor replied, "Yes, an ex. Well, for me, anyway. She was strictly a friend of Annabelle's. Granted, Annabelle didn't consider her a friend the first time that they met, but they were still friends, nonetheless. That's a different story, though. What matters is this. River asked Vastra for the exact words. What were they?"

As she walked into the same room that the Doctor was sitting inside of with Annabelle and was carrying two separate cups in her hands, Clara said, "'The Doctor has a secret he will take to the grave. It is discovered'." When the Doctor had only lowered his head in response to her words, she said, "Doctor?"

With a mere wave of his hand, the Doctor said to her in a whisper, "Sorry." Then– as he let out a sob– he asked her, "And it was Trenzalore, it was definitely Trenzalore?"

In turn, Clara said to him, "Yeah."

Then the Doctor said with a sigh, "Oh, damn. Sorry."

Then he quickly stood up from his chair and practically ran out of the house– leaving Clara to simply stand in place for a moment, while Annabelle had simply run after him.