thirteen | last of the time lords

One year later

One year later

Just like it was one year prior, Annabelle had her arms chained up to the ceiling of the Valiant and her legs chained down to the floor.

Only this time, she didn't hold her head high.

Instead, she kept her head hung low and only blankly stared down at the stage floor of the Valiant, while she listened to the Master say to the Doctor, "It's ready to rise, Doctor. The new Time Lord Empire. It's good, isn't it? Isn't it good?" When the Doctor didn't respond to his words, the Master asked him, "Anything?"

After repeatedly waving his hand in front of the Doctor's face and still not getting a reaction out of him, the Master asked him, "No? Anything?" As he turned his head to look out at the spheres that were flying around in the skies, he asked the Doctor, "Oh, but they broke your heart, didn't they, those Toclafane? Ever since you worked out what they really are. They say Martha Jones has come back home. Now why would she do that?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Leave her alone."

With a nod of his head, the Master asked him, "But you said something to her, didn't you? On the day I took control. What did you tell her?"

The Doctor told him, "I have one thing to say to you." When the Master had only slightly raised an eyebrow at him, the Doctor said to him, "You know what it is."

The Master replied, "Oh, no you don't!"

While the Master had pushed him over towards another side of the room, a voice was heard saying, "Valiant now entering Zone One airspace." While the Doctor was left to roll into one of the walls in the room, the voice was heard saying, "Citizens, rejoice!"

With a clap of his hands, the Master yelled, "Come on, people! What are we doing? Launch day in 24 hours!"

It was only moments after the Master had yelled those words that Annabelle had heard Jack say, "Morning, Tish! Ah! Smell that sea air! Makes me long for good old British fish and chips." Then– after hearing him let out a laugh– he said, "And what do I get? Cold mashed swede. Some hotel. Last time I book over the internet."

In response to hearing Jack's voice, Annabelle– for about the millionth time for the past year– simply closed her eyes and tried everything that she could to ignore the sound of his voice and just how seemingly cheerful he seemed to sound in her own personal opinion, despite being held hostage and repeatedly killed by the Master for the past year.

* * *

While Annabelle had kept her eyes squeezed shut and tried to ignore everything that was going on around her, an alarm was heard, shortly before a voice was heard yelling, "Condition red! Repeat, condition red!"

And because of her desperation to ignore everything that was going on around her, Annabelle was missing the fact that Francine Jones had grabbed onto the Master's coat and tossed it over towards Letitia, who had quickly handed it over towards the Doctor.