Chapter 53 - Best View Ever

Sanem stood with a hot cocoa in her hand. The view from the window was... well, white. No matter where she turned, the snow was covering everything. But she loved it. She couldn't imagine anything more different than Istanbul. Every now and then she missed the hustle and bustle of her city, tourists stopping in the middle of the sidewalks, annoying the locals, tea sellers and teyzes sitting on the balconies, spitting out sunflower seeds and gossiping about everyone. Still, those moments of melancholy were less and less frequent. Can stood behind her and embraced her. She felt his chin on her head and smiled.

- So? - She asked. - What's the news?

- His extradition has been approved. - He said softly. - I wish we could just forget about him.

- Yeah. - Sanem put her hand on her shoulder. It was still tender and she had to change the dressing every day, but she regained most of her mobility. Doctors gave her a set of exercises and promised that if she sticks to them, in a few months' time it will be as if she has never been shot. - We can't though. So what's gonna happen now?

- He'll be evaluated by the forensic psychiatrist and then either moved to mental facility till he's well enough to be tried or he'll be tried right away.

- And what about us? - Sanem put the empty mug on the windowsill and turned to Can. He smiled and wiped the cocoa foam from her lip.

- The prosecutor wanted you to stay to testify, but I convinced him to accept your written statement. We're gonna have to visit him when we get back to the States, but after that we can continue our tour.

- Ugh. - Sanem groaned and sat on the bed. - I'm so sorry, Can. It's all my fault.

- Don't be silly. You didn't ask to be kidnapped.

- No, but if I cut him off sooner...

- It wouldn't change a thing, birtanem. - Can kneeled in front of her. - He was obsessed with you. Now, don't think about it anymore. Tomorrow we go to the glacier, so we have to get up early.

Sanem put her hands on Can's face and silenced him with a kiss.

- I love you so much. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I'm glad I did it. - She whispered and her husband smiled.

- I love your scent. - He put his nose close to her neck and inhaled deeply. His hands were moving slowly up Sanem's thighs. - It does things to me.

- Oh yeah? What things?

- I cannot tell you. I'd offend your delicate feminine sensibilities. - The mischief in his eyes made Sanem tremble. - But if I could...

- Tell me.

For a moment Can kept quiet but then he moved closer once again and whispered in her ear.

- I want to... - He moved his hands to her waist and grabbed her sweater. - ...tickle you all over till you cry of laughter.

He threw himself on her and began tickling. His fingers grabbed her sides and Sanem laughed. Somehow he managed to tickle her under arms and that nearly ended her.

- Can, please! No! - She laughed and she cried and she begged for mercy, but he wouldn't stop. Finally she grabbed the pillow and smacked him across the head. Can fell back and she managed to escape to the other side of the bed. - Can, don't!

- I'm not done with you yet. - He reached for her and managed to grab her sweater again, but Sanem turned and slipped out of it. She was now standing in front of him in her jeans and bra. Can whistled in admiration. - Now we're talking.

A wave of pure excitement came over Sanem. Without a word she unbuttoned her jeans and let them fall to the ground along with her panties. She kicked them to the side and took off her bra, but when Can wanted to walk up o her, she told him to stop. He did. Something shifted between them. For the first time Sanem didn't try to cover herself. She was completely at ease. Can was looking at her with fire in his eyes and she enjoyed it. Warmth build up inside and she slowly touched her breasts. Her nipples hardened.