Chapter 15 - Out of the Fog

Dear Sanem,

The agency is abuzz. Güliz returned to Istanbul and wanted her job back, but Muzzo said no and send her away. Deren hanım was angry and screamed, because she needed an assistant and so Muzzo is now it. But before she left Güliz said Muzzo's mother and that Jakkal guy she ran away with lost all the money and are now stuck in New Zealand and have no way of coming back. Muzzo send them money, but only for one ticket.

Deren hanım is a great boss, but very loud one. There isn't a day without her screaming "CeyCey, kahve!" even though I'm a shareholder. I told her I'm technically her boss, but she beat me with a folder and told me to see if I wasn't by the coffee station. I checked – I was.

Oh, and now that you and Can bey are gone, she and Metin are the talk of the agency. They think we don't know, buy they've been eating lunch together every day for a week now.

Did you hear from Ayhan? How is she? Did she talk about me? Does she miss me? Tell me, friend? Does she?

Kisses, CeyCey

It's been a week since Sanem and Can left Venice behind and began the next leg of their trip. Everything was fine, the weather was beautiful and they fell back into their boat routine without any problems. Every few days Can steered Canem a little closer to the land, to catch the signal and check e-mail. Today they received three messages.

– So Metin finally made his move? – Can was checking his fishing rods, when Sanem finished reading the first message out loud. – Good for him.

– I didn't know he liked her.

– For years. He tried asking her out, I think, but I guess she wasn't interested.

Sanem remained silent. The fact that Deren was crushing on Can for years was the worst-kept secret in the history of secrets keeping, but there was no point in remembering it now. It was all water under the bridge. She clicked the second message.

Sanem hanım,

I just wanted to let you and your husband know that the man you'd had words with at the gala has been arrested. Turns out Enzo Fabri was not supposed to leave Rome under any circumstances. He violated the conditions of his parole and was therefore immediately taken back to prison. He was also additionally charged with trespassing, as he did not have the invitation for the gala.

I do want to apologize for the incident. I only found out about it after you left. My son checked and found out you and signor Fabri have a rather unpleasant past.

I do hope that in spite of this unpleasant situation you and your husband enjoyed your stay in our lovely city.

Best regards, Luciana Rossi

Sanem felt uncomfortable.It's been a week and she didn't remember what happened that evening. It wasn't anything new – she never remembered what happened during any of her blackouts and she accepted it, but this time was different. This time Can was there and she couldn't help but feel a little shame. Strangely, knowing that Fabri was back behind bars didn't make her feel better or triumphant. As long as she didn't have to look at him,he was in the past and didn't matter.