Chapter 32 - Come Clean

CeyCey and Muzzo hid behind the pillar, watching Deren say goodbye to Levant and his team. She seemed both relieved and a bit annoyed, but that was pretty much her constant mood when she was at work. She reached out and shook his hand and as soon as he turned to walk away, she rolled her eyes and looked around.

– CeyCey! Coffee! – She shouted and without waiting for his answer or even acknowledgement that he heard her, went back to her office.

– Who was that man? – Muzzo fixed his feather earring.

 – Levant bey. He's the son of Remide hanım and is running one of the branches of Galina.

– So... Important?

– Very, very important. Our most loyal client. – CeyCey leaned in and whispered. – Sanem thought he was Albatross before she found out it was Can bey.

– Albatross? Him? – Muzzo laughed so loud a few people turned to look at them. CeyCey grabbed his arm and led him towards the coffee table.

– Yes. Can you imagine if it was true? – He giggled as well. – Sanem walking around in those cocktail dresses?

– Instead of a boat tour, she'd be flying private jet.

– Miserable life.

Aynen!

– CeyCey! Two coffees! – Deren's voice brought them back to reality.

– Coming, Deren hanım! – He poured two cups of the strongest Colombian blend the agency had and rushed to his boss.

Deren walked into her office and noticed Metin standing behind her desk. He was wearing his usual grey cotton blazer, white shirt and black pants. She stopped to look at him. He was handsome in the fashion-catalogue-kind of way, but for some reason never caught her eye. Maybe if he made a move a few months ago things would look different now. But he didn't and despite him trying, she still couldn't make herself look at him in romantic light. Not that it mattered now, since Bulut has been occupying her every thought. She cleared her throat and Metin turned around. She caught him looking at the framed pictures displayed on the shelf.

– Is this really you? – He was holding a portrait of teenage Deren with a couple of cats. In it her hair was still long and blond, she was wearing pink summer dress with white flowers on the skirt and sandals with rhinestones.

– Of course it's me. – She took the photograph and put it back. – I miss those cats. They were such darlings. Hello, by the way.

–Hi.

Metin leaned in to kiss her, but Deren turned her head and his lips landed on her cheek. He seemed a little confused and she felt a sting in her heart. She had to speak to him as soon as possible. In this moment her phone rang again. She looked around, noticed "Aşkım" displayed on the screen and quickly rejected the call.

– Do you want coffee? CeyCey! Two coffees! – She shouted without waiting for his answer. Metin smiled a little and took her hand.

– I was hoping we could go for lunch, but you seem busy, as always, so how about we go for dinner?

Tamam. – Deren hesitated for a moment but eventually agreed. Sooner or later she'll have to speak to him and set the record straight. It's not the conversation she's been looking forward to, but the longer she waits, the worse it'll be. She might've already dropped the ball on that.

–OK, so I'll pick you up here at seven.

CeyCey walked in with the coffee just as Metin gave her a peck on the cheek and left. He set the cups on the desk and waited, looking at his boss with a knowing smile.