Chapter 25 - Cansu

Deren sat in her office. She was checking the stills for the latest social interest campaign and with every board her stress level was rising. The colors were off, the font wasn't big enough or quite the opposite – was way too big. Damn be the day she agreed to be the boss and damn be the day she hired this new creative director. The woman had no idea what she was doing! She massaged her temples and sighed.

– CeyCey! Coffee! – Her voice traveled around the agency, reaching its farthest nooks. – CeyCey!

– I'm not CeyCey, but I come bearing gifts. – Metin stood by the door with two cups of coffee in his hands. – May I come in?

–Metin? Of course. – Deren looked around nervously. She did not expect anyone so her office, the one Can used to occupy, was a mess. – Please, take a seat.

– Thank you. – He put the cups on the table and looked at Deren. He always liked her. She was smart, determined, hardworking, ambitious and cute. Plus she had a great sense of personal style and would fit well to his way of life. Last night he has spoken with Akif about his plans and his friend told him not to wait any longer. – What are you working on?

– This? – She pointed to the poster of a puppy. – We're running campaign for the animal shelters all over the country again. Sanem's strategy proved to be effective and the adoption rate increased by over ten percent on average. This year the shelters came to us directly and I agreed to help again. – She sipped her coffee. It was black and sweet, just as she liked it. 

– That's amazing. You have a big heart. – Metin smiled when Deren looked down a little embarrassed. – I came because I have a proposition for you. – He set the cup aside, took an envelope out of the inside pocket of his jacket and handed it to Deren. – I have two tickets for the opera tonight. Would you like to go with me?

– Are you asking me out on a date? – She hesitated for a moment.

– Yes. They're showing "Carmen". Have you seen it?

– No, I have not. – She took a deep breath.

– So, what do you say? 

He was looking at her expectantly. Deren hesitated. For the past two months she and Metin have grown closer together. They often went out to lunch and sometimes just called to chat. He helped her a lot in the first couple of weeks after she took control of the agency. But she felt no spark between them. Not like with...

– Deren? – Metin interrupted her train of thought. – What do you say?

Tamam. I agree.

– Wonderful. – He got up and grabbed his briefcase. – I'll pick you up at seven. I'll be going now. You've got a lot of work to do. – He kissed her on the cheek and was gone.

– Okay. I'll see you... – Deren stood motionless, too stunned to do anything. – But what just happened here?!

– Deren hanım! Deren hanım! – CeyCey burst into her office panicked, as usual. – She's here! She came! She came and now she's here!

– CeyCey, calm down. – She grabbed his shoulders and shook him. It worked for Sanem and thankfully it worked now too. Apparently CeyCey's panic attacks came with an OFF switch. – Who's here?

– Her!

– Who?

– The Queen of Poultry!

– Remide hanım?! – When he nodded, she grabbed a pillow and hit him over the head. – And you left her alone?! CeyCey,I'm gonna kill you!