Chapter 23 - Second Chances

Sanem left the bathroom wrapped up in a white, fluffy bathrobe, drying her hair with a towel. She felt a little woozy, but a huge smile brightened her face. Can followed wrapped only in a towel and put his arms around her. A quick glance at the clock on the wall told him they've spend way too much time in the bathroom but he didn't regret a second of it.

– How are you feeling? – He whispered and gently nibbled her ear.

– I'm hungry.

– Still? – A mischievous smile appeared on his lips as he twirled his wife.

– Can, stop it. – She playfully slapped his hand and giggled, pretending to be shocked.At that moment her phone chimed. She took a quick look. – It's from CeyCey. Oh no, Can! Ceyda is dead!

– I know. – He reached for the clothes and began dressing up. – Deren called when I went to the boat. She fell from the climbing wall at the gym and hit her head.

Sanem looked at the message, then back at Can and scowled. He didn't seem affected.

– Are you OK? – She asked. Whether she liked it or not, once upon a time her husband and Ceyda were friendly.

– Yes, why?

– You were friends. I just wanna know how you're feeling.

Can looked at her for a moment and then grabbed a comb from the dressing table.

– It's a shame, of course. She was smart. Could have raised her company to new heights. But we weren't friends. Not since she made a pass at me. – He shrugged and began combing his still wet hair.

Sanem froze. She knew Ceyda was after Can and he was the only one who seemed not to notice that. It used to make her jealous and furious. All those months she didn't give that woman even one moment of her time but now...

– She what? When? Can, what did she do? Why didn't you tell me? – She walked up to him, took the comb and gestured for him to sit. After a moment of hesitation she put the comb down and grabbed her hairbrush. Can's hair were way too thick. No comb would've survived a meeting with it. None ever has. This man has killed more combs than anybody else in the world, but still wouldn't switch to hairbrushes. Sometimes... Most of the time he was stubborn as a mule.

– I never told you, because it was nothing. She implied I should be with her, because we have more in common than you and I, I told her we're not as much alike as she thought and I left. I'm not sure if I'd even seen her after that. – He looked at Sanem's reflection in the mirror and her face told him everything. She was not happy. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. – Sanem, it wasn't important. My eyes have only ever seen you. Tamam?

Tamam. – She smiled.

– We need to buy some shower mats, if we're gonna do it again. I was slipping. – He smirked and winked at her in the mirror.

– Can! – Sanem blushed.

October 12th finally arrived. With all the drama in the house the last three days seemed to have lasted three weeks. The morning was hectic, early afternoon even more so. Mihriban panicked, when the make-up artist called he'd be late, Leyla and Emre have gone on an errand and the catering Van broke down as it rolled onto their driveway.

– Amazing. Just wonderful! – Mihriban was near tears. Yes, the wedding was small and humble, with dinner at home for just their family and a couple of friends,but it was still her wedding and she wanted everything to be perfect. When the doorbell rang, she almost screamed. – Finally, the make-up artist!