THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 10
KHANYISILE

My ear buzzes to the sound of the gun. I freeze on the spot when I hear loud thunder falling on the ground. With the shock in me. I turn already waiting to mess myself. I shiver to the sight of the man holding a gun my direction. Was he also going to shoot me.? He lowers his gun when our eyes meet. He tucks it at the back of his jeans. I tremble in fear ready to lose my life. I can't move for some reason and my legs seem to be stuck in the same spot. There is a dead body in front of my eyes and an unknown man with a gun. He hurries towards me and drags me by my arm. I winch in pain with the cast reaped off – my arm hurts double of the pain.
“You are hurting me.” My voice is audible enough for him to hear. He lets go of me and looks down on me. Mt tears have dried out from crying. I have no tears left in me. My mind has traveled and left my body. 
“Get in the car” He instructs. I can't be handing myself to the lions in broad daylight. This is defiantly human trafficking. I look around and it's so damn quiet. I want to scream so bad and my voice is stuck for some weird reason. I shake head no.  He yelps my broken arm and drags me towards the car. 
“Help! Help!” I trying screaming. 
“Shut the hell up.” The way he is so calm scars the shit out of me. He opens the door and pushes me in like some piece of paper. I try opening the door but it seems to be locked. I bang the window...
“Please, let me go. I won't tell anyone sir.” I say with tears running down my face. Should I give in and let fate do it’s course? My life has already been ruined and a lot is going on. I have come to the conclusion that there is a black cloud following me everywhere I go.  
“I swear. I didn’t hear anything.” I repeat. My hands are clasped together with fear taking over. I am in panic-struck. The man turns back to look at me. 
“What did you hear?” 
“Nothing. I swear I heard nothing.” I try opening the door again, no luck. I hear the man deeply sigh. 
“Look here. I saved you from those guys. Lord knows what would have happened if I had not come to rescue. Tell me what they said. If I wanted to kill you – trust me. I would have long done so. Wouldn't betray my boss even if I wanted to.” 
My chest rises up and down. “You work for my father?” I ask with a little bit of relief. He smiles and starts the car driving off. 
“It’s not my place to tell you. We must start by the hospital and have that arm checked out first.” He speaks. I don’t know why I am so relaxed with this man in the car. Or is it the fact my father is behind the protection? As much am I am mad at him – I am grateful that he keeps us under his wings. I don’t know what my spirit would have done if I were to departure from this earth. My whole body starts to relax completely when I truly see him taking a route to the hospital. The doctor was surprised to see me without a cast. After explaining to him he immediately had an x-ray done. The results were shocking. I had to come up with a clean lie. I was running. I tripped and fell. I still don’t know how my hand slipped off. The only thing that is left are the straps around my neck. After some time, the doctor comes back with a brown envelope. A broad smile on his face. 
“Looks like the fall was your healer. The bone is back in position.” I remember when I was told that it’s just the bone that shifted a bit. 
“What do you mean?” 
“I mean you are fine. There is no need for me to keep you here.” The doctor adds. The unknown man comes in ruining with my ringing phone in his hands. I fell a lump on my throat noticing the name on the screen. He hands me the phone and stands aside. The doctor is already out, he will be back with the medication – they want to prevent any infections that might occur in the future. My father's name flashing on the screen gives me flashbacks of what happened earlier on. I let it ring until he decided to drop, I decided to switch my phone off. Seeing his face now will bring back all the hurt. Making it worse, I wouldn’t be here - I wouldn't have been in this situation, if he had not lashed out on me! I feel my anger rising. The man’s phone rings, he excuses himself. I don’t even know where he is from and what he does for a leaving. But all in all, I am grateful for him saving my life after that crazy scene. 
“Here, drink these once a day. Make sure you drink it at night – it makes one drowsy a lot.” I take the medication and get off the bed. I bump onto the man right at the door. 
“You done?” He asks.
“Can you take me home?” He just nodded his head and I got to follow him behind. My mind is all over the place. When I get to think about the dead body, the shooting and me possibly dying. This is totally too much for one person. The tears roll down. I have no strength to wipe them. The car was left outside the gate of the hospital. I hop in and I am glad no words are being exchanged. I direct the man to my home. But it seems like he knows the way around so I let him be while I cry the pain out...