THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 17
AT THE HOSPITAL 

Manqoba has been patiently waiting. He believes that the armatures were ordered to take Dumisa out. But the question is – who could it be? A lot is not adding up to this shooting. He takes a deep breath and leans his head against the wall.  Everything plays like a movie in his head. Slow motion - sure hell did a great job. He asked for Impiyake to stand in for him while he is still in the hospital. Six hours was a long wait. Thankfully he always has clothes to change into his car. Imagine wearing a shirt creased with blood. His neck is strained from tiredness. 
“Dumisa Ngcobo?” That is the doctor. He stands up in the fast lane and pulls his pants down. He is exhausted and hungry. The only thing that he needs right this minute is a warm cooked meal and a long cold shower. The bed will follow. 
“Yes,” he looks at him trying to read his face.
“He is stable. The bullet missed his heart by an inch. We managed to remove the other bullet that was on his arm as well.” The doc explains. He nods his head and sighs in relief. At least it’s something positive, the way he was bloodied when he brought him here. 
“Can I see him?” He asks. He wants to make sure. He follows the doctor along the hallway. There he is sleeping peacefully with the machines connected to him. Being all alone in the hospital doesn’t sit well with him. He steps out and decides to make a quick phone call. 
“Musa - I need a huge favor.” 
“Shoot.” 
“I will send you the details. Make it snappy. An hour is too much for this man in here.” He drops the call. What he loves about Musa is that he knows the drill of the team. When one is injured, he gets to be admitted at his practice. He has all the utilities required. A hospital is not needed. He will need to wait a bit more until Dumisa gets to be moved into a safe place. He doesn’t trust anyone at this point, not even his favorite Mongoose!

Musa did come through and indeed Dumisa was transported to his practice but on the request form it shows that he was sent to a better facility for better treatment. 
“Thank you, doc., Will see you.” Manqoba. 
“I could lose my license for this.” 
“No one will know except for me and you. Just make sure that the plan is the same and no one will suspect anything.” He was just finalizing the paperwork. He hops into his car and drives out. He spots a car driving in – he can bet they were sent to finish Dumisa off. He scoffs and drives at full speed.

Two men walk inside the hospital. Nothing suspicious showing of them. They go to the receptionist area.
“Good morning mam. We are looking for a man that was sent here hours ago. He was shot.” One of the men speak. The receptionist punches through the computer and asks them to sit down. After some time, they were told that the doctor would be with them shortly. 
“Gentlemen,” the doctor greets the two men. They both stand up. 
“Wea re looking for our brother who was admitted in this hospital hours ago. He was shot.” 
The doctor keeps quiet and glares at them.  He remembers Manqoba’s words like a broken record with scratches on it. “He was shortly taken to The Netcare Bay Hospital for further treatment.” 
The two men frown. “How so?” 
“I can't provide you with all the details. The people who came here which was technically a male and a female.” 
The two men look at each other. “Who were they?” One asks. 
“Mr and Mrs Ngcobo.” The doctor looks at his wristwatch. Look, I have to attend to other patients. Your brother will be fine don’t stress.” He turns to leave and takes a deep breath. That was a close call. Whatever he did was fraud, and he could get hurled for it like a piece of paper. He doesn’t dare to turn back but he can feel stares burning his back. He takes an exit that he did not intend to take just to be out of sight of these men. He took out his phone and sent a short message. “Done.” He shoved his phone into his pocket. Now he will have to use the longest route just to be on the other side.  This is one of the craziest shits he has ever done. Indeed, money is a route of all evil. 

The two-men standing outside in disbelief. One is on the phone call informing his boss of the update and the other is busy on his iPad trying to login to the hospital's footage. 
“Any luck?” He asks after dropping the call. 
“It’s jammed like it’s not working.” he replies. The screen of his iPad turns black. “Dammit!” He curses. 
“Let’s get out of here.” They both got into the vehicle with slummed shudders due to a failed mission. The man will be having them for breakfast.