THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 36
NGCOBO

He begins to pace up and down in frustration. How can Khanyisile dine with his enemy? Such betrayal! If he knew she was in that car he wouldn’t have ordered the hit. No sign of them. What if they were both burnt beyond recognition. He stops pacing around and freezes a bit. He needs to have a backup plan. He needs to go look for his daughter. Another message pings on his phone. He swipes and reads through. His old phone has been hacked! He feels his forehead dripping sweat. His blood is boiling. That phone has all the documentation. All the evils he committed and still commits. Who dares get to challenge a respectful man like him? He sends a text back wanting to know who is invading his personal space. A picture is being sent to him. A large frown grows on his face. He suspected but never paid no mind to it. 
“Dammit!” He pats on his hip and thinks deep. He has to think deeply and think hard. He doesn’t respond but he rather has something in mind. 
“Find him and take him out!” he replies. 
His main priority is finding his daughter. He remembers how she was innocent and young just yesterday. Khanyi is the sweetest. The exact same as her mother. He tried so hard for himself to be noticed by the person whom his heart bled for. He saw her first, but Dumisa had to go for her. He was stalling time loving her from a distance. He was giving himself time in admiring her. She was the sweets of them all. Khanyisa was her name. She looked too calm and was very well mannered. She was too grounded and that is what attracted him to her. She had it all. But unfortunately, his brother had eyes for the very same woman. Not that he blames Dumisa. That one would go for what he wanted and wants. That is why he was so successful at a very young age. He fought for his life, and everything was going smoothly for him. While on the other hand he had to have it tough. Nothing came easy for him. Everything. He had to get, he got it rough and had to sweat for it. One day he heard some breaking news. Dumisa is not Ngcobo by blood. The family suspected but it just disappeared without them investigating. He knew that the blackmail would come in handy for him one day. With this information he managed to gain everything his brother owned. His farm including the house that they live in. He was in the process of getting the woman who captured his heart. That faithful night was meant to be his collection and was meant to leave in peace. The kids and the woman he desired. But Dumisa was there in his face. He didn’t mean to pull the trigger. It was just there to scare him. But stupid Dumisa fought until the trigger popped. 
Again, Ngcobo had his way – emotional blackmail. That if he was reported than he would have sung like a canary. Again, everything was kept mute. Dumisa was hurt more, and he couldn’t care less. He started taking everything that he owned with blackmail, and it worked in his favor. Here he is living an expensive life. The reason why he took the girls; he knew fully that he could not have any of his own. Dumisa can have a lot of his kids in the future. Why is he even thinking about this? He needs to be checking up on his daughter and dwelling on to the past. He goes back to the house and finds his wife eating. This is another case he just wishes that it could vanish right this minute. You know when you regret something. For years he has been faking. This marriage was already doomed from the get-go. But he had to stay. He wanted someone to nature his kids until they were old enough to take care of themselves.  Now that the time has come, he is letting her go. He faked well all throughout the years. 
“Baba. Your food is in the microwave.” She tells him. He nods his head and proceeds with his journey. He needs to talk to Thabi. Her bedroom door is slightly open. 
“Mama! Baba.” She is screaming and fighting. “Mama.” She wakes up panting. She looks at him and shock is written all over her face. This once happened years back and he had to wipe the memory off her. Seems like the dreams are back at it again. Will it be a good idea to wipe the memory loss childhood while pregnant? He did it throughout the years. He should ask his old friend for this. 
“Nana.” He sits beside her. She is shocked. She is breathing heavily with a lot of confusion in sight.  As much as she is not of his sperm. He truly loves them. He can admit that at times he fails to show what love is, but he would defiantly take bullets for his kids. 
“I am fine.” She says getting out of bed. He nods his head and sighs. 
“When last did you get a hold of your sister?” 
He finally asks. Thabi turns to look at him with a frown on her face. “The time I was in Durban. She was supposed to come see me, but something came up - I believe.” 
“Did you try calling her?” 
“I have been trying to call her all day with no luck.” 
Fear takes over. “We should go look for her. We should go where she stays.” He is already on his feet. Thabi laughs. 
“She might be busy with schoolwork. Will wait for her to contact me.” She responds. 
He doesn’t want to believe that. Something has happened and he knows it but can’t share. It was conformed that the guy was with a female. But the female managed to run away from the scene. The description matched his daughters. Will he be able to sleep fully knowing that he almost killed his daughter? An unknown number of flashes on Thabi’s screen. Ngcobo excuses himself and steps out. He scoffs and shakes his head in a desperate sigh. Some things they do for greed.