THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 28
MKHUSELI 

Today is the greatest day of them all. She replied to my text and agreed to meet at once. I am so jolly over the moon. Me Mkhuseli saw the Queen of my life the least I expected. Life truly favors me I can say. Just when I was about to give up God turns around and does this to his son. I don't want to assume the worst. I am just overwhelmed by this whole situation. With my legs on top of the table and playing with my car keys. I can defiantly say that I feel the future already. She is the future with me. A huge smile waves across my face. It's like I want time to stop so that I can relish that moment for eternity. That hug brought out the best. It brought a tremendous amount of satisfaction when I held her in my arms. No other thoughts mattered to me at that moment. She fitted perfectly in my arms. This is my match made from heaven. I thank my ancestors for this one. I have chosen and favored by the Gods of Eden. I felt light on my feet. I tended to hold her even tighter, and I couldn’t let go. There is no other greater pleasure than holding the one you love, breathing in her smell, feeling her fast-beating heart against yours. And the feeling which makes you think that she is all mine, and I will protect her, care for her, love her forever. Awesome feeling indeed, isn't it?
“I wonder what happened to my aby daddy being all smile like a lunatic.”  Mazadi. Here she is standing by the door looking all good. This pregnancy looks good on her. I still can't believe that I will be a father in a month's time. How lucky can one be. I look up and smile admiring my current life. The states it’s in. 
“Have you ever walked for miles in the scorching heat of the sun in the summers and then found a source of perfectly cold water to drink? The satisfaction you get is merely a fraction of the satisfaction, joy and happiness you feel.” She looks at me like I've just gone marbles. Does she blame me for being like this. 
“Mkhuseli. Are you okay?” She comes my way and feels my temperature. 
“I am fine sisiwe. I am just in high spirits today. My life Is on the...” 
“I can see that. What happened? Did you win a lotto or maybe?” 
“Even better my darling.” I say standing up. Our faces are too close to a point that we almost kiss. I decided to take a step back. 
“What is it?” She asks. Will I be wrong if I get to share my happiness with her after the way I mistreated her? I don't think so. 
“Let's just say money has been rolling in way too good.” I lie. Her face lightens up. This girl love money. I shake my head and get my blazer from the chair. “Ready when you are.” I say leading the way. Mazandi wants me to be present in all appointments. I can't look at the volcano. I see shit. The more this cyclone grows bigger the more I see no shit.
“I don’t see the reason for me to be there honestly.” She looks at me and laughs a bit. 
“A man who fears his own child. What will happen when I give birth? Will you even hold our child?” She asks. Will I 
“No! My culture doesn't permit the father to hold the child until the baby is three months.” Makes logic sense to me. She stops walking and looks at me from head to toe. 
“Yazi you keep confusing me every day that I get to see you.” 
I just shrug my shoulders. I confuse myself even. Is that a crime? To be a confuser? I highly doubt. Ahh she will get used to me. 

-

-

-

“The baby is growing stronger each time. Stick to the diet and that will ease the heartburn. And also try avoiding chili stuff. It’s not good for this little fella.” I chuck. “ Namanje she-him refuses to tell us who they are?” 
“You can't call my baby she-him.” 
“Yin? Angithi she-him fighting to reveal their own gender. That is why fathers are not needed in these checkups. It’s creepy and scary.”
I don’t like hospitals. They take me back to that hole that I fought so badly to stay out of. They can laugh all they want. But I know my reasons. I love my unborn child but the situation I am in – the baby just came to an unfit father. I am still not in the right space and sense of mind.
“I believe he has phobia of hospitals.” Mazandi looks at me. She gets off the bed and fixes herself. She looks mad – more disappointed. She grabs her bag from the table and walks out. Okay I was a little insensitive. I look at the doctor. 
“You need to talk to her. Her hormones are high.” They advised. I shake my head in understanding. I will apologize later on. I walk out and follow her direction. 
“Mazandi wait!” I shout. Her pace is fast as a cheetah. She stops walking and turns to face me. 
“I swear you kp embarrassing me every chance you get. Never again will I call you for any appointments.” 
“Can I explain.”
“Don't bother just take me home.” She says and continues to walk. I can't tell her why I have a phobia for hospitals. I sigh and follow her behind. 
Now I am with a grumpy pregnant woman in my car. “Someday, maybe someday I will open up. It’s too much baggage and I can't handle it as well. I’m sorry Mazandi. I know how this excites you and I just keep disappointing you. I promise to do better next time.”
I will take her home and go spend my lunch time with Star.