THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER
CHAPTER 51
MANQOBA

There he is slowly approaching my direction. I can't stand fully and give him the brotherly love. I feel a stinging sensation. My eyes burn with tears but I quickly wipe them off before they fall.
"Bafo." He greets settling on the chair before me. I am tongue tied. I take deep breath and look on the side.
"Please. Don't do me like that. I'm sure you didn't come all the way to visit me in prison only for me to see you cry." He chucks shaking his head.
"Pussy is making you weak Manqoba, just admit to it." I let out a laugh. I guess I was stressing myself over someone who is doing just fine. I take a deep breath and smile back.
"I feel bad." I finally find the courage to speak. I do feel bad more than anything. "I feel like I let you down at some point." I add. Not that I feel like I let him down. I know for a fact that I did let him down. I should have fought harder. I should have tried being strong for all of us. I shouldn’t have allowed myself to be in that comma but yet I did.
"No more of this life?" We have people to look after. I'm a father now.
"Just one pull and we are done." He adds. Some things just never change. This stupid man would rather die flying high looking for money.
"Mkhuleko?"
"I'm here all locked up and Khanyi is out there dating my brother. So, I have nothing to lose at this point." He shrug his shoulders.
"Are you sure about this?" I ask.
"Just let it be. She doesn't even know she is dating my brother. Atleast she will be Mrs within the premises. She will find out of her own when the time is right. Don't push it." I nod my head in understanding. Guess my boy is fine with the changes.
"If you good then I'm good." I say and lean backwards on my wheelchair. I don't know what is on his mind an I can't seem to read him. I hope he doesn't do anything further stupid to have an extended lock up. I'm glad that I came to see him. He looks stronger than I thought. Heading out of prison I feel a hit of pain. I feel like I left another part of me back there.
"Where to from here?" Impiyakhe asks.
"To pay your brother a visit." He helps me in the car. Gosh! I hate this thing I'm using. But I have no choice.
"It's about damn time!" He starts the car and drives off. The busted is leaving large I tell you. All I want is to make him feel the pain that he made Manqoba feel.
"Plant the drugs in a hidden room, I will alert the cops." I instruct. Impiyakhe nods his head with a victorious smile on his face. I watch him as he disappears to the house.

_
_
_

I watch Mkhuseli and Khanyisile in a far distance. I shake my head in disappointment. I thought she was strong enough for this. She moved on way too quickly. But non the less if my boy is happy, that's all that matters.
"So, you are not going to tell Khanyi that she is dating the other brother?"
"Mkhuleko warned me not to. Some things are better off left unsaid. Maybe he has something up his sleeve." I trust my boy to never disappoint.
"If you say so."
"All you could do is - just make sure she is safe. I don't trust Mkhuseli with Khanyisile."
"Roger that." I look at them for the last time before Impiyakhe drives off. My next stop is at the hospital.

"You are here?"
"Where else could I be. I'm here to see my family." I say. It's crazy how our love just picked up. I can gladly say that I love her more than anything. Her smile alone makes me melt. She then lays comfortably on the bed.
"Are you okay?" I worry about her.
"No. Everything is becoming too much for me and it hurts." I wheel myself little closer to the bed. Our fingers entwined.
"Talk to me."
"I'm stressed about the kids. What if my son doesn't make it?" She sniffs.
"That's where you are wrong. It's no longer about you no more but us. If you go through something. I also go through that shit. We both know what we were doing and we shall suffer the consequences together. We are here for each other."
She nods her head and smiles.
"Where have you been?"
"Around. Just waiting for you to find me." I say. "And we still haven't named the kids." We look at each other and laugh-out-loud. It's crazy I know.
"I have none in mind."
"I say lets wait for the rents." I'm sure our parents will come with powerful names. BoyBoy will be named during imbeleko. I need to have a word with my mother about this. What will happen to the twins?
_
_
_