THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 19
MKHULEKO

The look on her face is priceless. The look I perfectly imagined. Speechless, aghast.  You know when a man is taken by beauty – I wish I could stand at the top of the mountain and scream to the world that I am taken by this enchantress beauty. Yes, I am under a spell. 
“Light.” I say. She blinks multiple times and swallows. Still fazed and frozen on the same spot. “I have been waiting for this day for far too long. Come here.” She trembles in fear. I hate how she easily gets petrified. I will take her under my wing and let her live the life I am leaving. I stand close – too close to her. I can literally feel her pausing her breathing. I caress on her soft cheek. The smile has not discarded my face. I hate how she makes me weak. “My Dali iyakhuluma iondoda.” 
“I... I.” She stutters My Tortoise Queen is out of words. 
“You what My Dali?” The smirk on my face. “You are too innocent, and I love it.” 
“Ow God.” She says taking steps back. She finally leans against the wall. Not me wanting to leave her sight...
“You do know that I meant what I said, right?” I ask. 
Her eyes are just staring right at me. She shy's away and looks on the side. I pull her face and make her look at me. I love this. I feel the connection in a weird way. I have been with a lot of different women in the past – but the feeling I'm feeling now is like a magnet.
“I need to be home. My mother will kill me.” 
“No one is going to kill what's mines. They will be practically signing up for their own death. Come let's have some quality time.” I pull her by hand to make her sit on the bed. She’s not comfortable and that can tell. “Wine?” 
“No - juice.” I pour her a glass of orange juice...
“So, how Khanyisile has been.” I sit next to her. Her body immediately becomes tense. She will get used to my touches. I am a very clingy person by nature. I mark what's mines. 
“Good.” She responds. “Was it you, who broke into my bedroom last night?”
“Hau babe. I did not break in. Everyone was asleep and I helped myself in.”
“Why are you not wearing your orange uniform?” 
“Well dear future wife. Your man has been released from jail.” She nods her tiny head. She then takes a sip from her juice. I can tell by the look on her face. Orange juice might not be her favorite cup of coffee. 
“I don’t like orange juice. It makes my eyes somewhat yellow.” She explains. Okay. I think I should take the initiative to google her condition. Heck, I don’t even know what's it called. 
“Will guava do?” 
“Can I have wine?” A small smile creeps on my face. With no questions asked. I pour her a glass of wine. I hope that she will get to be herself and not this uptight Light. Taking a few sips, I can see her relaxing a bit. Her shoulders slander down like a normal person. Just a few sips and already she is loosening up. I chuck shaking my head. Will never allow her to drink in public without me by her side.
“You look cute. Infact, I need a new phone, new cloths and money.” She counts. Whatever alcohol does to people's systems - I defiantly love. I should make her live a little. She is still young after all. Counting the age difference, I feel like a grandpa. “I hate my father.” 
Taken back by the confession. This needs my ears open. “Hate is a very big word my love. Why though?”
“He doesn’t love me. He loves my sister more than me.” 
“How do you know all of that?” Listening to her having to tell me about how she is not happy and how her mother is not having a say in anything. I let her vent. That reminds me – I will have to dig deeper into the ocean to swim with the deadly sharks. No one hurts what's mines and lives to tell a tail. Tears swam out of her eyes. She must have been hurt. I embrace her and she lets me. Shes too tiny but a perfect fit for me. 
“No one will ever hurt you again. I am back now. For good.” I say. She nods her head still laying on my chest. She breaks the hug off. Downing the sweet wine - I can tell that she is no longer herself. Maybe I should take her home. 
“I believe it's time for me to take you back home.” 
“I don’t want to be in that house. I just don’t want to see my parents. We don’t get along and it frustrates me to the core.” Maybe I should let her be.
“You can relax. I am going to step out for a little while. I need some paperwork.” I say I kissing her forehead and dash out of the room. First time being around her in the same room. It kind of feels awkward in a way.