THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 31 
SKHOSANE 

I dust the table trying to take my mind off things. Thabi has been gone for days, and she has not returned. I don’t understand the dynamic of her staying for so long in a foreign City without me beside her. I should have gone with her; she is risking a lot and she is carrying my child for that matter. This girl sometimes shocks me. It’s like she does things without thinking then thinks in the end. It's surprising how well she has managed this huge company without fail. I am nonplus.
“Sir, the delivery has been made.” Sthandwa our PA informs me. It’s high time I get a PA for myself. I am just not liking this girl, honestly. She piques me in a way. She makes me feel some type of way. What way? An antagonized way. Sighs!
“Thank you Stha.” I can't call her name in full. It’s just off. Why on earth would you name your child Sthandwa! Some parents and fashion. Now this name confuses us men. Not in confused, confuse but yea confused. Argh! Doesn’t really make any sense. 
“Sthandwa Sir.” I knew she was going to correct me. I paid no mind to her and pulled my laptop and began working. I should give Thabi a call in an hour. I am pretty sure she would have been awake by then. I lifted my eyes and found her still standing. You got to be kidding me. 
“You are still here?” I ask. 
“You need to correct my name.” She hisses. 
“I don't have time for your nonsense girly. Each time passes with you standing here with your two sticks will be deducted from your salary.” I dismiss her. I see her huff and angrily walk out. If she thinks she will be treated like Queen Sthandwa then she has another thing coming. I need to check my furniture. I will be moving to my office in a few days. Just a bit of touch up’s here and there and I am good to move in. 

I find the guys offloading the chairs from the truck. This is exactly what I ordered. Something simple yet expensive. Not from my pocket but the company is paying. From here I will need to draw up quotations in building a home for my parents. I need to have a house plan. I don’t see myself moving out. Rather I will have my backroom house in the yard. If Thabi has a problem with it, tough luck - she should adjust to the new leaving arrangements. There is no way I will be living in a woman's house. 
“Where must we put these?” One of the delivery men ask. 
“Come with that chair I will show you were to put the rest of my belongings.” I feel like a million boss right now. The pay is extremely good. And I am loving it. Within a year I would have accomplished a lot in life. I leave the guys to do their job and head back to the office. I need to finish some paperwork. A lot of bookings are being made. I need to finalize a few. People love this place and I agree with them. This resort is breath taking. Stylish but African. It attracts a lot of tourists from different countries. I swear my father-in-law has uMamlambo hidden somewhere. No one make such much in one day. My question is. What does he do with so much money? He is even failing to take his wife out on a vacation. Vacation is a bit extreme to that man. He is failing to buy his wife some flowers and take her out for breakfast. That reminds me. I will have to tell my father to get ready because he is taking his wife out. Let me give him a call... 
“Son. Already missing the old man.” I smile. This man thinks he is in his mid-twenties. 
“With your lame advice. No.” We both laugh. “I will transfer some money into your account. It’s not much, just five thousand. I want you to take your wife out for lunch.” 
“I will tell her...” I cut him short. 
“Don't tell her that this money is coming from me please. The next thing she will be buzzing my phone asking for more money. You know how dangerous your wife is when it comes to money.” My father laughs. I asked him to take pictures for the time. I know my mother will appreciate this. What I love about that woman is she - was there and has been there since, for my father. She stayed when he lost everything. She stayed when my father was at his lowest. She stayed and continued to love him like he is the only man on this earth. A definition of a strong woman. Hope my wife will have that strong character. When it comes to Thabi, I honestly think that she does not have those qualities of it. But Khanyi I could agree. That one is a softy. I wonder how Durban is treating her. I wish I could check her from time to time. I know that people might take advantage of her just because she is a calm soul by nature. I sigh heavily. I know I cannot interfere. But my heart still bleeds for her. Maybe someday the feelings that I still have for her will dissipate but I will always care for her, and I will always be there for her. I have a huge soft spot for that young lady.