THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 39
NGCOBO

Three months ago, Thabi sent documentation that she resigns with immediate effect. Still taken by that she then withdrew from the wedding to proceed. I swear this child is stupider than I thought. Now I regret not taking Khanyi to step in because I know she would have never disappointed me in any way. Why did I not just let them be? 
“Impiyakhe. Give her the call.” 
This man called Mkhuleko - thinks the world owes him something. I will deal with him, and he will not believe me. Impiyakhe is my right-hand trusted man but also works for Mkhuleko to give me all the inside job. What I want now is for him to track each and every Khanyi’s move. I want her to finish the task I have started - knowing by then I will be keeping the Gumede family very close. Her phone rings a couple of times before she picks it up. 
“Halo.” 
“Ndodakazi kaBaba wakhe.” I know how much she used to love this when growing up. I am sure her smile is reaching ear to ear. I look at Impiyakhe and he manages to get to her location. Bingo. Now her phone is connected to my phone. I will be able to see her chats, track her phone calls too. The line goes dead. Now that is unexpected. 
“She dropped.” 
I can see that you stupid fool. “Try again!” I shouted. He tries her numbers again and it’s taking us straight to voicemail. Dammit! I don’t believe this. Did she truly drop the call on her only father? I shake my head in disbelief. There is more than there is to this. Why did she drop my call? Why did Thabi back out? I swear these kids will make me grow grey hair before my time. 
“Did you notice anything out of the ordinary?” I asked Impiyakhe. I am sure knows their ins and outs of them.
“No.” His answer is too quick, and his body language says a lot. I will let this slide. Maybe it’s me just thinking too hard. I hope my plan will work. Forcing Khanyisile to marry that good for nothing Gumede. Will be on my good favor. I know she still loves him. If only I let the kids be. We wouldn’t be here.  
“You can take a day off. I will call you when I need you.” Impiyakhe packs his laptop and walks out without bidding farewell. I poured myself the most expensive scotch. The Macallan Lalique 50-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky. The burning sensation is smooth. Just the way I love it.  I stand up, pack my laptop and head out too. I am going to an empty home. It is good as dead without my kids. They have been not of my seed, but I love them with everything in me. 
I pass by the reception and notice Sthandwa busy with some paperwork. I know I have been harsh on her lately. I have been overworking her. 
"You can take two days off.” I say. The shock on her face. I am not bad after all. When I am under a lot of stress, I intend to make everyone's life a living hell. That's just the way of me releasing stress. 
"I mean it. I know I have been a bad boy lately. I will book you at a spa what, what. It's just me apologizing. I will send you the details.” I know she will not respond because she is not a responder in any way towards me. I take a deep breath and leave her still standing. I know she is in shock. I know that there is a Spa just down the road. I will make some bookings for her and send the details. 

-

-

-

I have been looking at my phone for any movements but nothing. Khanyi's phone is dry as hell. Just updates about school assessments and what not. I have been praying that they have been communicating with Skhosane privately but by the look of things the communication died the day they broke things off. This is just a complete waste of time. I should have thought of another plan. This is just not it. I cannot sit and wait for something I don’t know whether it will happen or not. She has been in one place all day. I take my phone and toss it aside. I need to check up on Gumede and see where his mind at. His phone is not going through. Will have to pop by later on and see him. 
"Baba. Dinner is ready.”
"I will come. I am still busy.” I say. 
"Food will get cold kodwa baba.”
"Mfazi. I told you that I will come. Now stop being a pest. Go make yourself useful around the house or maybe go check up on your shop or something.” I bark. She annoys me at times. Can't just women understand when we want to be alone without any disturbance! My home office is my personal space. She shrinks out and closes the door. This is what I hate. Being nagged by a woman all day. I lean back and take a deep breath. I am frustrated that everything I try doing seems not to be working. I received an email from my laptop. Ow it’s the investors. Every year we hold an end of year party. This must be it. I just love how they throw money in like it’s nobody’s business. I viewed the email and read through it. The news is not exciting at all. The biggest investors are pulling out. No this cannot be happening but for what reason exactly? A board meeting has been requested too and it is in two days. I feel like my world is coming to an end. Everything feels like it’s crushing down. I have worked so hard to build what I have. This is my heard earned sweat that this investor is destroying. I will hold a case of vote. I know most will side with me. This is something I do not accept in any way!