22

How selfish would I be if I just decided to leave?

---

It is very hard to let go of someone you truly love.

And letting go is a painful decision.

But do you know what's even harder and also hurts the most?

When you still loved that person and your feelings for them haven't changed but you choose to let go.

Because you think it is the only way that you will do for them and for that person's sake.

---

8:00 PM

Tzuyu's POV

"Sana..."

"W~what are you doing here?".

I was surprised by her sudden appearance. I didn't expect her to come here since it's quite late now. Our eyes met and suddenly I forgot how to breathe.

I always adore her light brown gorgeous eyes. She had a galaxy in her eyes. Only pure innocence and contentment. But this time, it's different. It sang stories with sad endings.

Her eyes....
Its sparks and brilliance were all gone.

She looked pale and weary.
Her eyes were swollen as if she had just finished crying.

Am I the one who did this to her?

I pressed my eyes for realizing the foolishness of asking this question in my mind. Of course, I am the one to blame of. Who else would it be?

It was all my fault, obviously.

"Can we talk?", she weakly said.

I gave way and Sana entered without hesitation. I saw how she quickly averted her eyes from me. And it's really painful to watch her this way. I immediately followed her to the living room. She was now sitting there. Not taking her eyes off me.

"Wait for me here. I'll just get you a drink–."

"No. You sit here. This won't take long. I just came here to talk to you", she seriously said.

A cold and blank expression was written all over her face. I obey her and sat on the other couch near her. There was a moment of silence before I dared to speak. Fidgeting my fingers on my lap; I breathed deeply then I raised my head and looked at her.

"What do you want to talk about?", I asked her.

My eyes widened when I saw a liquid forming in the corner of her eyes. Her tears are about to escape and at any moment will flow down her cheeks.

And here I am, just looking at her with mixed emotions.

"You think I don't care? I watched you give up on me. I watched you give me those slow dry replies. I watched you talk to me less every day. I watched you giving me the silent treatment and slowly lost interest in me. As if you want to walk out of my life. You think all of it didn't hurt me?!".

I just remain silent and keep listening to her. Allowing her to say whatever she wanted.

"Something has changed in you...toward me. You're distant, cold. I don't know what I've done but I'll leave you alone from now on if that's what you want. I will give you space. I will give you time to think and to figure things out."