49

Dahyun started playing the piano. At first, it was just instrumental but soon, she sang it. For the very first time, she was able to sing the first song she wrote back then. She didn't expect tonight to be the right time to sing it to Sana.

You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen
You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want
And I knew it from the very first moment
'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

Dahyun doesn't care anymore as long as she sings it to Sana with all her heart.

"We fall in love with people we can't have."

"Try as I may, I cannot find a way to unlove you, Sana.."

"Keeping my distance because I know I can't have you".

Dahyun just continued to sing while smoothly tapping the keyboards.

I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me
Like it was a private show, I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories
Can I be her?

"How can I love someone new, when every night I dream of you?".

"From the first moment, I knew how hard it would be to forget my feelings for you".

Dahyun keep singing and singing until her voice suddenly crack and her eyes become blurry, and realizing that she was already crying. She pressed her eyes and shut them for a moment to gather strength to stop herself from being fragile.

"Fck this! Damn you, Kim Dahyun! Not now! I don't want Sana to see me being stupid like this."

Dahyun took her deepest breath and when she opened her eyes, Sana was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, she felt a warm embrace. When she looks beside her, Sana was there smiling softly while its arms were wrapped around her waist.

I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you
If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no
I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips
It's all that I've been thinking about
'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

"I don't really know why I'm still hoping.."

"At least our paths have crossed."

"Maybe, we were meant to meet but not to be."

"We found each other at the right place at the wrong time."

I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me
Like it was a private show, but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?
Can I be the one
Can I be the one
Can I be the one
Oh, can I, can I be her?

"I am in love with the impossibility of us."

Dahyun managed to finish the song for Sana, but in the end, she cried. Dahyun hide her face and cried on Sana's lap. Sana was just remain silent and calm yet her heart was already sunk in a difficult situation like this. This is the first time she witness Dahyun become vulnerable. Seeing Dahyun crying this much was very painful to her. Sana held Dahyun's shoulder and made the girl look at her. She was on the verge of crying while slowly wiping all the tears that keeps flowing down using her thumbs.

Suddenly, Dahyun hugged Sana. "I~Im sorry, Sanaaa", Dahyun sobbed uncontrollably. Her hug becomes tighter.

"What are you sorry for?", Sana gently rubbed Dahyun's back, trying to give comfort and make Dahyun calm down.