47

"If you wrote a book about falling in love with someone you can't have, what would be the last line?"

"Out of the 8 billion hearts, I fell for a heart that doesn't beat for me."

---

Six months ago........

Dahyun and Sana attended an event as one the special guests there. It was late at night and the party wasn't over but the two decided to go home since they already both drank. Of the two of them, Sana drank heavily and binged. Sana was the only one got wasted that night as she had consumed very much alcohol so Dahyun had to take Sana home urgently.

"Sana...Let's go home. You're drunk".

Dahyun said as she helped Sana to walk through the parking area until they reached her car.

"N~No..I~I'm not d~drunk, Dahyunieeee. Let's go back there! I~I don't want to go home yet!". Sana was drunkenly complaining while she tried to get out of Dahyun's grip on her wrist.

"I said let's go. You're not going to drink anymore. Don't be so stubborn, Sana. Please? Jihyo will scold me."

"Y~You're the stubborn one here. I~I told you I still want to dr~drink more!", Sana insisted.

"No! Let's go now".

Dahyun said with a firm voice. She then carried Sana and put the drunk woman inside the car. She quickly got in the car as well. And when she was about to start the car, Sana hit her in the arm.

"Let's not leave yet!", Sana whined.

"J~Just let me drink more! Please, Dahyunaaaa. I want to drown myself and get wasted tonight!".

The tears welled up in Sana's hazy eyes. Her voice was mixed with pain, desperation, and sadness. At that point, Dahyun knew why Sana was acting like this.

It is because of one person.

"I~I want to forget her! I want her out of my mind even just for tonight! I'm so tired....My mind, my body, and my heart. They are already tired and I.....I can't take this pain anymore! Tell me, Dahyun...Why did she leave me?! Whyyy?!".

Sana began to sob uncontrollably. She could not stop sobbing while she tightly grips to the woman's arm beside her.

Dahyun bit her lower lip; she tightened her grip on the steering wheel as she suppressed her emotion. Just seeing Sana look so devastated hurts her so much. Her heart is broken into pieces. She turns to Sana and held the woman's hand then gives them a gentle caress.

"Sana...Stop this already. That's enough. Don't hurt yourself anymore", Dahyun said in a low and soft voice.

"Stop torturing yourself. You don't deserve this.."

Dahyun cupped Sana's face. She then looks sincerely at Sana. "It's been a long time since she left you. Just forget about her. I'm here. I'm always here for you". Dahyun wiped  Sana's tears with her thumbs and then kissed the woman on its forehead. She slowly lowered her face and gradually she came closer until she felt Sana's lips and kissed them. She has a feelings for Sana for a long time now. She tried to stop herself to fall in love, but her heart just can't. Even though she knows that Sana always sees her as a friend.

Dahyun felt Sana respond to the kiss. In her whole life, Dahyun become happier even though she knew what she did was wrong. She thought it was possible. She thought there was hope. She thought Sana could love her now. But then, Sana quickly pushed her and break away from the kiss. That night, she came to her senses. Everything she wants is not possible. She will never have a place in Sana's heart.