20

lee hyesoo pov
my body jerked awake and I woke up. what was that?

I looked beside me to see hanni sleeping peacefully. that was a dream? it felt awfully real.

I reeked of alcohol. I don't remember anything. hanni being here proves that nothing that happened was real.

it was still dark outside. I tried going back to sleep but the whole thing was so clear in my head.

I started to cry silently at the thought of hanni leaving me. what if I really cheated on her? felix's words were so clear to me. it was like god trying to send me a message through him.

I am so fucked up. hanni does not deserve me.

third person pov
hanni heard quiet sobs from beside me and it woke her up. hyesoo's back was facing her and she was crying.

"baby, what's wrong?" hanni asked and rubbed her eyes. hyesoo turned to face her. her eyes and nose were red. she hugged hanni tightly. it felt so warm and tender to hanni.

"hanni, I love you so much," she whispered. "I won't ever leave you so please don't leave me."

"I'm always here... I won't ever leave you," hanni said as hyesoo gently placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I don't deserve you..." hanni heard her mumbled. hyesoo's arms relaxed on hanni as she felt her slowly starting to fall asleep.

hanni softly caressed hyesoo's cheeks, singing her a sweet lullaby. her head was submerged in a content gaze that was always brimming with deep love and warmth. it was the same look that only a mother could provide.

she noticed hyesoo's tired eyes slowly flutter shut and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"sweet dreams, my love."

"did you have a bad dream last night?" hanni asked hyesoo as they ate breakfast. hyesoo nodded her head. her eyes and cheeks were puffy from all the crying.

"you drank too much at the party," hanni answered her. hyesoo tilted her head in confusion.

"after we made out in the room, you sort of passed out. minjeong wanted to let you use the guest room but I insisted we came home. felix helped accompany us and to drag you back here. you were yelling at him when he was talking to you."

"what? what did he say?"

"he said 'hyesoo, can we still be friends?'. he thought I couldn't hear him. he also said some other stuff about me but I didn't hear him."

"the dream felt so real..." hyesoo muttered. hanni heard her and furrowed her eyebrows.

"maybe you were too tired and could not distinguish between reality," hanni said. she tried to make hyesoo tell her about this dream. she wanted to know what made her cry.

"whatever. let's get ready for school," hyesoo said.

"hi!" minjeong said to hyesoo from behind.

"oop, jumpscare!" hyesoo flinched so hard when she heard her and hid behind hanni. minjeong looked at her in disbelief.

"did you just call me a jumpscare?" she scoffed. then her face changed to a bright one. "but it's fine if you call me that."

"she's insane," hyesoo mumbled under her breath and hanni chuckled lightly when she heard her.

"I'll see you in class, hyesoo."

hyesoo gave her an awkward smile and took hanni's hand. hanni thought hyesoo was acting super weird.

"where are we going? classes start soon!" hanni told hyesoo as she pulled hanni towards the school gates.

"let's ditch school today. we're going on a date," hyesoo said firmly. hanni resisted a bit. she knew hyesoo would not be skipping class for no reason. she reluctantly gave in when hyesoo's grip on her tightened.

 she reluctantly gave in when hyesoo's grip on her tightened

"wow!" hanni jumped up and down excitedly as they arrived at an amusement park.

"you've never been here right?"

"nope! I've only seen this place on tv!"

hyesoo smiled as she noticed how cute her girlfriend was being. hanni clung on to hyesoo's arm as she bought tickets for them both.

hanni ran inside excitedly as soon as their tickets were bought.

hyesoo let hanni go on any ride that she wanted. she just followed hanni everywhere she went.

lee hyesoo pov

after going on a few rides, I noticed hanni constantly staring at this odd looking teddy bear hanging at a booth. even if she did not say it, her eyes told me she wanted it.

"come," I told her and she just followed me. we stopped in front of the booth with the teddy bear she wanted.

I decided to play the game to win the teddy. I had to shoot down all these balloons in order to win.

"damn it," I muttered disappointingly as I missed. I tried again and again. the booth owner looked happy as he just kept collecting more money from me as I repeated my attempts.

"hyesoo, stop. you're going to waste so much money," hanni said and tugged at my sleeve. I ignored her and focused.

"oh my god!" I exclaimed as I managed to finally shoot down all the balloons. hanni jumped on to me excitedly. she was hanging on like a koala.

"hanni, pick one," I said. her eyes were shining brightly at me as I pushed her forward slightly. she had obviously picked the teddy bear.

"thank you, hyesoo," she said and gave me a tight squeeze.

"anything for you, love."