58

hanni pov
we finished our food soon and left the store, leaving kazuha with eunchae.

"honestly, you kinda look like eunchae," hyesoo spoke up suddenly as we walked.

"really?" I asked. "how do you know..."

"I'm just saying. plus you look cuter and prettier," hyesoo quickly tried to explain herself. she was so flustered, stuttering in everything she said.

"so, you find me cuter and prettier?"

"of course! it's just you kinda look alike. that's all. the one I like is still you," she smiled at me.

"you're so cheesy," I said and punched her shoulders.

as we turned the corner, we stumbled upon a small park with a playground. my eyes lit up, and I dragged hyesoo over to the swings. we sat down, kicking our legs back and forth as we talked about everything and nothing at all.

"your legs are so short," hyesoo pointed out with a straight face. my legs couldn't even touch the ground while she could.

"damn it. I hate you," I said, laughing.

hyesoo chuckled and placed her hand on mine. "don't hate me too much. I still think you're cute."

I blushed at her words and smiled shyly. we continued to swing, enjoying the cool night breeze and each other's company.

as we swung back and forth, the laughter and conversation flowed effortlessly between us. our hands were still intertwined, and I savored the feeling of hyesoo's warm hand in mine.

"hey, what'd you think of me the first time we met? when I was still with felix," hyesoo suddenly asked.

I paused for a moment, thinking back to that day. "honestly, I was a little intimidated by you. you looked so confident and put-together, and you were so pretty that I wasn't sure if we would get along," I admitted.

hyesoo raised an eyebrow. "really? I never knew you were intimidated by me."

I shrugged. "it was just an impression, I guess. but once you started talking, I realised how nice you actually was... except towards me."

hyesoo smiled at me. "sorry I couldn't be nicer to you. I just hated how felix would want to spend time with you and not me especially when we were dating."

"that's technically partly my fault and his. mostly because I asked him to and he agreed."

"I'm just glad you did because being with you is just so different."

"same here," I said, squeezing her hand. "you're one of the best things that's happened to me since I moved here."

a/n
what a cute chapter 🤧🤧