49

lee hyesoo pov
I squinted my eyes a bit and opened them to see who was in front of us.

"minji," I said. she gave me a huge smile which kinda creeped me out.

"hey," she greeted. hanni and I sat up. we looked at each other and had the same thoughts.

"why are you here?"

"oh, I was just taking a walk nearby and was going to visit you when I saw you and her here," minji explained.

"taking a walk? you don't even live near here..."

hanni's grip on my hand tightened as minji's smile faltered a bit, "I just wanted to surprise you guys. is that so wrong?"

I didn't answer her question. instead, I asked another one. "how did you know we were here?"

"I saw you post on social media that you were going to this park today," minji replied, still trying to maintain her smile.

I didn't remember posting anything about going to the park. but then again, I had been so caught up in my thoughts about hanni that I could have easily forgotten.

was I that dumb to be posting about it when we were getting stalked? probably.

hanni spoke up, "minji, can we talk for a second?"

"sure," minji said, her smile turning into a small frown as hanni pulled me away from her.

"what's going on?" hanni whispered in my ear.

"I have no idea," I whispered back. "but something feels off."

we turned back to minji, who was now looking around nervously. "what's going on?" I asked her.

minji hesitated before answering, "I need your help."

"with what?" hanni asked.

minji looked like she was about to cry, "I think someone is following me."

"what?"

minji is getting stalked too? that's kinda suspicious.

"why do you need our help though?" hanni asked. minji frowned at her and replied, "I didn't say I need your help. can I just talk to hyesoo, alone?"

"if you're going to talk to me, you can just do it here, there's not much people around."

"please..." minji begged, her eyes watering. I didn't know what to say so I looked towards hanni. hanni was helpless too and we just sat there.

"ok, fine. stop crying," I said as hanni let go of my hand.

"I'll be back soon," I said and gave hanni a quick peck before minji dragged me away.

"where are we going?" I asked as minji dragged me. she seemed to have stopped crying and was... smiling?

she pulled me into one of those public toilet and pushed me into a cubicle.

I am starting to think that I live in the toilet or something because I always visit it.

"so?" I asked her.

she didn't say a word. she inched closer to me and pressed her lips against mine.

"minji, no!" I said as I pushed her off me slightly.

"why is it that hanni gets a chance with you but not me?" she asked me. surprisingly, she was very calm. way too calm.

"I have always been by your side since the start and then she appeared. why is it that you like girls suddenly? because of her?"

"minji... what are you talking about? I have always seen you as a friend."

"and you were always straight! you didn't like girls but then out of nowhere you walk into school with hanni, holding your hand and kissing," she said. "so, why is it I don't get a chance?"

"maybe because you didn't try? hanni made the effort to get with me and I fell. I fell for her. minji, maybe if you tried then you could have gotten a chance."

"I am trying now," she said and leaned in to kiss me again. I pushed her away, not letting our lips touch again.

"this is not okay, minji. I love hanni and I'm not interested in anyone else. you need to respect my boundaries," I said firmly.

minji's smile disappeared and her eyes grew dark, "you're making a mistake, hyesoo. you don't know what you're missing out on."

"there is nothing I am missing out on. you know, I can see why you and minjeong are sisters."

minji's expression turned angry, "what does my sister have to do with this?"

"I mean, you both have this entitled attitude where you think you can have whatever you want. but that's not how it works. you can't force someone to like you, no matter how much you want them to."

minji huffed and crossed her arms, "fine. if that's how you feel, then I'll leave you alone."

I rolled my eyes, "things are going great with hanni, thanks. and stop following me."

"what?"

"I know you are tracking my phone."

minji scoffed and threw her phone and stomped on it.

"are you insane?" I asked her, shocked at her sudden outburst.

"you don't want me tracking you, right?" she asked, picking up her broken phone. "I'll leave you alone now. but just remember, hyesoo, you'll regret not picking me someday."

and with that, she stormed out of the public toilet, leaving me standing there, feeling uneasy and confused.

I felt very lightheaded after the whole situation.

"hey!" hanni walked in and ran to me. I backed out, feeling myself fall into hanni's arms.

as I regained consciousness, I found myself lying on a bench in the park with hanni sitting next to me, holding my hand.

"what happened?" I asked groggily.

"you fainted," hanni said softly, concern etched on her face.

"must be low blood pressure..."

"here," hanni said and fed me a small piece of chocolate. "do you need to see a doctor?"

"no, it's fine. this happens often," I replied and sat up and rubbed my forehead, trying to piece together what had happened. the last thing I remembered was minji kissing me and her very sudden outburst.

a/n
a gift from skizland for traumatising yall lol

a/na gift from skizland for traumatising yall lol