53

lee hyesoo pov
right now, I am sitting right across hanni's mom, my soon to be mother-in-law. she was staring at me, while I fidgeted with my fingers, not knowing what to say.

hanni and her dad soon joined us and I relaxed a bit when hanni sat next to me.

"so, is this your friend?" her mom asked.

"mom, her name is hyesoo," hanni replied. her mom nodded and her dad was just quiet.

"we're also dating..." hanni said, her voice had gone very soft.

"what?" her dad asked. the room just got quiet again. it was an awkward and uncomfortable silence.

"are you joking?" her mom asked. "this girl here has all these hickeys on her neck, she probably goes around sleeping with people," she continued whispering, as if I can't hear her.

"mom... I gave her those..."

"hanni! what are you thinking?" her dad scolded.

ok, old man.

the tension between hanni and her parents just continued to grow and I couldn't say anything.

"sorry, can you give us some time to speak alone?" her mom turned to me for a while. her attitude just turned 180 degrees when she talked to me. what.

I nodded timidly at her and stood up to leave. hanni grabbed me to stop me from leaving.

"hanni, we need to talk," her dad said sternly and she reluctantly let me go.

hanni pov
"hanni, we sent you here to study, not date. even if you wanted to date, you could have dated a boy!" mom started rambling about wanting me to date a boy as soon as hyesoo left.

"but mom, she is just so much better than boys."

"hanni, we won't have grandchildren if you don't marry a guy. it would probably be better if you marry a rich one," dad said to me.

"dad, what?"

"child, you better break up with her," mom said.

"no mom. I love her a lot, I can't possibly break up with her!"

"look, this is for your own good," dad said. "we just want what's best for you."

"how? dad, how is it good for me?"

"uhm..."

"see! you can't even tell me why! I love her a lot and if you can't accept that, then you might as well not call me your daughter!"

"what are you talking about?" he asked. he was clearly furious at this point. I just don't understand why I need to marry a guy.

"did you also sleep with her?!" mom asked out of the blue.

"yeah..."

"I want you to break up with her right now! I will set you up with a guy, just tell her that you're over," dad shook his head and said.

a/n
😼