33

lee hyesoo pov
I fell terribly sick. I had a high fever, my body was aching and I coughed nonstop. hyein wanted to stay home but I told her to just go to school.

I just wanted to be alone.

hanni didn't even bother texting or calling me. did she really think I cheated on her?

chan and jake kept texting me and asking if I was ok. I liked how they cared for me but I was just not in the mood.

my phone rang nonstop because of them. I was just reading them and not replying to them.

then, a new name popped up. my eyes widened when I saw it.

minji.

we haven't really talked much after she left. turns out she knows about the rumour too. she asked if she could come over.

I wanted to say no but she was the only one I could talk to.

soon, she arrived. I opened the door. I must've looked very sick because she looked very concerned.

"are you sick?" she asked and placed the back of her hand on my forehead.

"a bit."

"your feel so warm," she said and cupped my cheeks to feel the heat. I was so weak that I couldn't do anything.

"did you have to travel far?" I asked.

"not really... I wanted to see you too," she replied. I chuckled at the response.

"where's hanni?" she asked.

oh.

"hanni... she doesn't want to see me," I said, looking down in embarrassment.

"because of the thing that is going around?"

"yeah... she didn't believe me," I said. "minji, you trust me right? I swear I didn't do anything that was stated there."

"I know. you're not someone to do this kind of thing," she said.

"do you want me to... call hanni here?" she asked.

"no. she will come if she wants to."

"ok... I will go buy some medicine for you,"
minji said and got up.

minji came back fast with the medicine she promised. she made me eat them and went to the kitchen to make me some porridge.

damn.

"here," she sat next to me and fed me the porridge, spoonful by spoonful while I had a blanket wrapped around me.

"is it ok?"

I nodded and she just smiled at me. she set the bowl down and then shifted to sit closer to me.

"what..."

I was taken aback when she abruptly kissed me.

again.

this was the second time she kissed me.

maybe because I was heartbroken about hanni, but I started to kiss her back. she seemed to like it as she put her hands on my hips and pulled me close.

she even bit my lips and slid her tongue in. it made me forget about hanni momentarily.

minji slowly pulled away and kept her face close to mine. she gently caressed my cheek which grew redder because of the kiss.

"even if hanni doesn't trust you... I do."