63

third person pov
hanni had been feeling anxious for weeks. she had noticed that hyesoo had been acting strange, always on her phone and sneaking out of the room at odd hours. hanni couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

as they were walking along the beach after a date, hanni confronted hyesoo. "is there something you want to tell me?" she asked, her voice trembling.

hyesoo looked taken aback. "what do you mean?" she asked, confusion etched on her face.

"I don't know, it just feels like you've been hiding something from me," hanni said, tears welling up in her eyes.

hyesoo took a deep breath and pulled hanni into a tight embrace. "I'm not hiding anything from you, I promise," she whispered, kissing hanni's forehead.

but despite her words, hanni couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. she started to become paranoid, checking hyesoo's phone and following her when she left the room.

hanni decided to follow hyesoo to a nearby café, where she saw her sitting with another woman. hanni's heart sank as she watched them laughing and holding hands. she felt sick to her stomach, convinced that hyesoo was cheating on her.

she sighed and took some pictures of the scene that was unfolding before her eyes, wondering why hyesoo would cheat on her.

she confronted hyesoo again that night in her apartment, this time with tears streaming down her face. "how could you do this to me?" she sobbed.

hyesoo looked at her with a mix of sadness and confusion. "do what?" she asked softly.

"you know what," hanni said, her voice shaking. "I saw you with her. how long has this been going on?"

hyesoo took a step closer to hanni, taking her hand. "hanni, listen to me. I would never cheat on you," she said firmly.

"then who was this woman?" hanni asked, her voice barely above a whisper, shoving the pictures in hyesoo's face.

hyesoo burst out laughing at the pictures. "that woman is hyein, did you not recognise her?"

hanni was taken aback by this. she made a mistake of accusing hyesoo of cheating.

"then how do you explain sneaking out like that? why are you even meeting your own sister discreetly?"

"hanni, I haven't seen hyein in a while because she moved into the school dorm. her school is quite far you know, and I asked her to help me with something because I was busy."

"oh, right... I forgot..." hanni wiped away her tears and laughed in relief, smiling sheepishly.

"do you wanna know what she helped me with?" hyesoo asked, pulling out a small box from her pocket. "she helped me pick up something that I bought for you."

hanni's eyes widened as hyesoo opened the box, revealing a stunning diamond ring. "hanni, I know we've had our ups and downs, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. will you marry me?"

hanni was speechless, tears streaming down her face as she nodded yes. hanni was overwhelmed with emotion as she gazed at hyesoo, who was kneeling before her with a small velvet box in her hands.

in that moment, hanni realized that she had let her fears and insecurities get the best of her. she had been so convinced that hyesoo was cheating on her that she hadn't even considered the possibility that she might be proposing.

but now, as she looked into hyesoo's eyes, she knew that she had nothing to fear. they would face whatever challenges came their way, together.

hyesoo smiled, slipping the sparkling diamond ring onto hanni's finger. "I love you so much, hanni," she said, standing up to embrace her fiancé. "I would never do anything to hurt you. I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy."

hanni felt a wave of relief wash over her. she had been so afraid that hyesoo was cheating on her, but now she realized that her fears were unfounded. hyesoo loved her just as much as she loved hyesoo.

"I believe you, hyesoo," hanni said, cupping hyesoo's face in her hands. "I'm sorry I doubted you. I promise to trust you from now on."

as they held each other, hanni realized that she had never felt more loved and secure in her entire life. she knew that she had found her soulmate in hyesoo, and nothing could ever come between them again.

hyesoo kissed hanni softly, the warmth of their love filling the room. they were going to spend the rest of their lives together, and nothing would ever come between them again.

a/n
sad to say but the story has ended (for real)
do we like it?? I think the story was a bit messy at some points but thanks for reading and supporting this story 🫶🥰 see yall in another book 🫡

tmi: this story was originally written before newjeans debuted and it was supposed to be a larina x fem oc story which is why winter appears as the antagonist a lot :D