54

lee hyesoo pov
I actually just made it all up in my head. maybe I watched too much drama but there is no way hanni's parents disapproved right?

flashback...
"mom? dad?" hanni asked when she saw her parents. she ran up to hug them while I awkwardly stood at the entrance.

"who is that, dear?" her mom asked her as she patted her head. "is she your friend?"

"mom... that is my girlfriend," hanni smiled at her.

"hanni you got a girlfriend and didn't tell us?" her dad interrupted them.

"yes, dad. you guys don't mind right?" hanni asked. her parents face were unreadable and I couldn't tell if the were mad, glad or sad.

I probably seemed rude so I bowed and introduced myself. her dad took a glance at my neck and shrugged.

"nice to meet you, hyesoo. how about you join us for dinner?" her mom asked. hanni motioned for me to say yes and I stiffly nodded.

"ok... I'll just go home and put my things down," I scratched the back of my head awkwardly while saying.

"bring hyein too!" hanni said as her parents dragged her to the living room. I nodded at her and left.

I didn't end up sitting opposite hanni's mom. I was just too into my own imagination, imagining the worst case scenario.

her parents face made me start to overthink. they seemed pretty nice and understanding though. well, there's no way they would disapprove.

would they be homophobic? I guess not... they could at least try to accept their own daughter right?

no way they would want hanni to marry some rich man like in dramas.

we could always adopt some child too. I'll have to ask hanni if she wants a child or not though. not like I want one but if hanni wants then I will just go along.

third person pov
as hyesoo drove to hanni's house with hyein in the passenger seat, she couldn't help but feel a sense of nervousness.

"so, who are we meeting tonight?" hyein asked, breaking the silence. hyesoo hadn't told her where they were going.

"my girlfriend's parents," hyesoo replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

"hanni unnie's parents? are you getting married?" hyein teased excitedly.

hyesoo rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corners of her mouth.

"her parents just came to visit her and asked us to join them for dinner."

"I see... hehe..."

"what is is?"

"nothing," hyein nonchalantly replied.

"I'm sure hanni unnie's parents will like you. j mean you're fabulous, just like me," hyein said and flipped her hair dramatically.

"what..." hyesoo turned to face hyein.

"unnie, watch the road," hyein pointed and hyesoo smiled at her sister's antics and turned her head back to watch the road.