35

lee hyesoo pov
I went to my room as I couldn't contain my tears anymore. why? why does hanni not trust me?

I could hear inaudible shouting from downstairs. it was probably minji and hanni arguing. why would they even argue?

after a while, there was silence. I heard minji open the door and coming inside. my face was buried on the pillow as the tears just flowed nonstop.

"hey, are you ok?" minji shook my shoulder and asked.

I turned around and sat up.

"why are you crying?" she asked as she used her thumb to dab the tears on my face. she looked around for some tissue and gently dab my tears.

I couldn't help it but just hug her. she hugged me back and gently rubbed my back to comfort me.

"minji... why... why does hanni not want to listen to me? why? I love her so much, minji... I just love her so much..." I cried over minji's shoulders.

"why is she leaving me? I hate her, I hate her and my parents so much! they all just leave in the end..."

minji just kept rubbing my back and comforting me as I cried my heart out to her.

"I'm not gonna leave you. you have hyein too," she said. "don't cry... it's just gonna make your fever worse."

"ok..."

minji pov
hyesoo just kept crying. it hurt to see her so vulnerable.

she managed to calm down after a while and fell asleep in my arms. I held her in my arms as I watched her sleep.

her eyes were puffy from all the crying. she looked so cute. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and let her sleep.

I quietly made my way downstairs and found hyein already home.

"oh! minji unnie!" she exclaimed and came to hug me. "were you here to check on hyesoo unnie?"

"yes. she is much better now after taking some medicine," I answered her and she nodded.

"is it ok if I stay here tonight?" I asked her.

"sure." she replied and went back to doing her own things.

"minji unnie... do you know if hanni unnie is going to come? hyesoo unnie didn't want me to tell her she was sick."

"uh... yeah, I'll tell hanni," I lied. hanni already knew and I was definitely not texting her after what she did to hyesoo.

I went back upstairs and saw hyesoo still sleeping peacefully.

I went to join her in bed, hugging her from behind as we cuddled.

hopefully, she will know that I truly care and like her and choose me over hanni.

lee hyesoo pov
I woke up to find myself in minji's arms.

I didn't know what to feel about this. it felt nice being in her arms but hanni...

I felt way better than yesterday. minji definitely took great care of me. I was still a bit feverish so I was going to skip school.

minji started waking up.

"good morning," she said in a raspy voice and gave me a cute smile.

"did you sleep well?" she asked me. I nodded and she pulled me back and gave me a hug.

"minji, are you not going to school today?"

"uh..." she didn't answer for a bit. she suddenly coughed and said, "looks like I'm sick too so I will stay here and accompany you."

I laughed at her antics.

it just made me miss hanni more. why can't she just trust me?

whatever. I will just hang out with minji for now.