34

lee hyesoo pov
"minji, you'll get sick if you keep trying to kiss me," I said as I stopped her from kissing me again.

"then... can I kiss you if you get better?"

what.

"uh..."

"do you want me to leave?" she asked.

"no. I really like that you care for me so much. I just don't want you to end up being sick."

"so I can still kiss you," she whispered and leaned in while eyeing my lips. "I don't really care if I get sick, I just want you to forget hanni."

"minji..." I whimpered when she forcefully pulled me towards her and put her lips on mine.

she didn't stop. she slyly placed her hand on my thigh and rubbed it.

it reminded me of hanni.

"minji, I can't..." I pushed her off and said.

she looked upset.

"hyesoo, hanni doesn't even trust you. I trust you way more than her. stop thinking about her when she hurt you."

hanni pov
after yesterday, hyesoo didn't come to school. I was kinda worried but at the same time, I just couldn't think straight.

I feared hyesoo was really not what I think she is. the whole drama with winter was just weird.

this new rumour really didn't suit her but it somehow got me thinking a lot.

was she cheating on me?

does she even love me like she says?

the fact that even a rumour was made about her cheating on me says something.

I still kinda miss her.

she seemed really hurt when I ignored her yesterday. I was just in disbelief.

she skipped yesterday after what happened in the morning and she didn't even bother coming to school today.

can't she at least drop me a text?

class is boring. usually, we would be teasing each other but now it is so quiet.

"hey," I caught up with jake and tapped on his shoulders.

"oh... hey."

"did hyesoo tell you that she wasn't coming today?"

"no, why?" he asked. his eyes were wandering around and it made him look even more suspicious.

"did she say anything to you?"

"n-no..." he stuttered. "why do you care anyways?"

I was surprised at the sudden change in his attitude.

"because..."

"because what? I mean, she tried to explain it to you yesterday hurt you ignored her. you didn't even trust her."

"it's not that I didn't trust her..."

"well, if you really still care, you should go visit her. she's really sick, that's why she isn't here," he said and left.

hyesoo is sick? I didn't even know.

I just ran out of the school without even thinking. she probably needs me.

third person pov
hanni went to buy some porridge for hyesoo before stopping at her house. she rang the doorbell a few times before it opened.

"minji? what are you doing here?" hanni asked in surprise when she came face to face with minji.

hanni peered inside and saw a very pale hyesoo, wrapped in a blanket.

she pushed minji aside without hearing an answer to her question and went to hyesoo.

hyesoo stared at her, not saying a word.

"baby..." hanni went to hug hyesoo.

"hanni... do you finally trust me now?" hyesoo asked.

hanni was stunned. that was not what she expected from her. she wanted to hear something like "I miss you" from hyesoo, not that.

"hyesoo, I-"

"hanni, if you don't trust her, just leave her alone," minji chimed in.

"no! you leave us alone. you don't have a say in this," hanni retorted back and turned to hyesoo.

"hyesoo, I... can't give you an answer yet."

"what do you mean by that?" hyesoo asked, her eyes welled up with tears.

"I want to believe you... but it's just..." hanni trailed off. she could not find the right words to answer hyesoo.

hanni wanted to trust hyesoo. she really wanted to.

"you just don't trust me at all. even after being together for quite a while," hyesoo scoffed and pushed hanni away.

hyesoo went upstairs and left minji and hanni alone.

minji crossed her arms and frowned at hanni.

"why do you not trust what she says? you know that she is not like that," minji spat at hanni.

"it's just... there have been a lot of incidence where it just made me anxious. you were one of those me reasons you know. you kissed her without me knowing!"

"at least she told you! it's not her fault. I forced myself onto her. that was only one time by the way," minji said. "it's not like she has been going around kissing others too."

"how do you even know?"

"that picture of her with professor jennie was when she submitted the wrong assignment and she just corrected it. I don't know much about her and winter because you should know it better than me," minji poked hanni's shoulder, agitating her more.

"the situation with winter was a mess!"

"how was it a mess? hyesoo said she always told you whenever something happened and she was always by your side, how could she cheat on you with winter?"

"enough of this! why are you here? are you trying to steal her from me?"

"steal her from you?" minji laughed. "you pushed her away from you first!"

hanni was so overwhelmed with emotions and could not respond minji. she ran out of the house, leaving the porridge she bought for hyesoo on the table.