60

third person pov
a year passed and hyesoo graduated and had found a job. hanni was upset that they couldn't spend as much time together as hyesoo's work constantly took her away from home.

hanni was now at the airport, waiting for hyesoo to come back.

hanni tiptoed and peered through the glass, hoping to catch a glimpse of hyesoo. she caught sight of her and her heart raced after not seeing her for months.

finally, hyesoo walked out and hanni leaped forward, arms outstretched, and latched onto hyesoo's body.her fingers dug into the fabric of the hyesoo's clothes, holding on tightly as their body weight pulled them down. she clung onto hyesoo, her legs wrapped around her waist, burying her face into hyesoo's neck. it was a desperate, almost primal gesture, as if she was afraid of losing the hyesoo and would do anything to stay connected.

hyesoo was surprised at first, but quickly wrapped her arms around hanni and held her close.

hyesoo could feel hanni's body shaking with sobs as she held her close. she knew how hard it was for hanni to be apart from her, and it broke her heart to see her girlfriend in so much pain. hyesoo held hanni tightly, running her fingers through her hair and whispering soothing words in her ear.

"it's okay, hanni. I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere," hyesoo said softly, trying to calm hanni down.

hanni finally pulled away from the embrace, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry," she said, wiping away her tears. "I just missed you so much."

hyesoo smiled understandingly. "I missed you too, more than you know," she said. "but I promise we'll make up for lost time. we'll have the best few days together."

they planned a trip to the beach so that they could spend some time together. they had both been looking forward to it, and they had spent countless hours researching hotels, restaurants, and activities.

when they finally arrived at the hotel, they were both excited to check in and start their vacation. but as they approached the front desk, they realised something was wrong. the receptionist couldn't find their reservation.

hyesoo tried to stay calm. she knew that mistakes happened, and she was confident that they could work something out. but hanni was not so understanding. she immediately started to panic.

"what do you mean you can't find our reservation?" she demanded. "we booked this weeks ago! we've been looking forward to this trip for months!"

the receptionist apologized and said she would do everything she could to find a room for them. while they waited, hanni turned her anger on hyesoo.

"I can't believe you let this happen," she hissed. "this is all your fault. you should have double-checked the reservation."

hyesoo tried to explain that it wasn't her fault, but hanni wouldn't listen. she was too upset and too focused on finding someone to blame. she accused hyesoo of not caring about the trip, and said that she was always the one responsible for making sure everything went smoothly.

being apart for a while definitely caused some tension between them.

"hanni, please, calm down," hyesoo said, trying to keep her voice steady. "I understand that you're upset, but yelling at me isn't going to fix anything. let's work together to find a solution."

but hanni was too upset to listen. "I can't believe you're not taking responsibility for this," she said. "if you had just double-checked the reservation, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"I did check the reservation," hyesoo said firmly. "it was confirmed a week ago. this is not my fault."

"well, obviously you didn't check it well enough," hanni snapped. "otherwise, we wouldn't be standing here with no room."

"that's not fair, hanni pham," hyesoo said, her frustration starting to show. "I did everything I could to make sure this trip went smoothly. I don't understand why you're blaming me for something that's not my fault."

"because it is your fault," hanni said, her voice rising. she paused a but as she realised hyesoo called her by her full name. "you always mess things up. I can't count on you for anything."

hyesoo felt a knot forming in her stomach. she knew that hanni didn't really believe what she was saying, but it still hurt to hear those words. "that's not true, hanni," she said quietly. "I've always been there for you, and I always will be. but right now, we need to focus on finding a solution, not pointing fingers."

hanni didn't respond, but her expression softened slightly. they both knew that they needed to work together to solve this problem. but the tension between them lingered on throughout the trip. they both knew that they needed to address their communication issues if their relationship was going to survive.

they ended up staying in a nearby hotel for the first night, but it wasn't the beachfront experience they had hoped for. hanni was still upset, and hyesoo was feeling hurt and frustrated.

"are you sleeping?" hanni asked as hyesoo's back was facing her.

no response.

"are you mad?"

no response either.

hanni got up and saw that hyesoo was already asleep. she thought she must've been tired from work and hanni lashing out at her just made her feel more stressful.

"I'm sorry," hanni whispered as she wrapped her arms around hyesoo's waist.