Chapter: 23

(Backstory: It's party time and Sherry made sure she had everything she wanted and needed. As the party comes alive her and Tracee has a mother and daughter moment. Malcolm and Jasmine shows up and that cause some confusion and some words were said. Later that night Janine is fed up and decides to end her relationship with Malcolm.)

(Start scene: Tracee was half tore up and only had two glasses before she even finished the bottle of wine. She was looking through the pictures, and came across her and Malcolm as kids. She licks it up and runs a finger over it as she remembers how happy she was. Just as she was about to close the book, she heard knocking on the door.)

Tracee: Who could that be this time of night.

(She gets up unsteadily and walks to the hallway to see if she was tripping or not. That's when she heard it again but this time louder, so she holds on to the rail and walks down. She finally makes it to the bottom and goes to the door looking out the peep hole. She is shocked by who she sees at the door, and just stand there for a second.)

Malcolm: Open the door, I know your in there.

Tracee: Go home Malcolm!

Malcolm: Not until we talk.

Tracee: About what?

Malcolm: Open the damn door.

(She sigh before she opens it and comes face to face with her ex-husband, and he's drunk.)

Tracee: Malcolm what..

Malcolm: Can I come in?

Tracee: It's late and I need to be up in the morning to head back home.

Malcolm: (leans on the wall) I just want to talk, I think we both deserve some closure.

(He walks in and almost falls before he catch himself. Tracee shakes her head as she thinks about what he was doing here.)

Tracee: Malcolm what...

Malcolm: Jasmine broke up with me!

Tracee: (give him a look) Ok, and what does that have to do me?

Malcolm: Your the reason she left.

Tracee: Wait a minute, what did I do?

Malcolm: She thinks you messed me up for any other woman I meet.

Tracee: I'm confused, it's been almost three years.

Malcolm: She claims I'm still in love with you.

Tracee: (shocked) Wow! I didn't expect that. Look I don't think we should be talking about this, we are both clearly drunk.

Malcolm: Why can't I move on, my life is were I want to be and I've been doing well.

(He paces back and forth.)

Tracee: Look that's something your going to have to work through. It takes time to move on but eventually we do. I know I've said I'm sorry a million times but it don't make that hurt go away.

Malcolm: I loved her, I gave her everything I had left. This is all your fault, everything was fine until you showed up.

Tracee: (looks at him) Look, I'm tired and...

(Before she can get the full sentence out he was in front of her. She stops talking as she watch him with her eyes and then he's kissing her. Coming to her senses she puts her hands up, and pushes him away from her.)

Tracee: What the hell?

Malcolm: (walking to her) Tell me you didn't want me to kiss you?

Tracee: Why did you do that?