Chapter: 42

(Backstory: Tracee and Malcolm takes things to the next level, after learning her mom doesn't have much time left. Something's are said on Malcolm end and it freaks her out, and she doesn't know how to feel. The next day she takes Kam to go see her mom, because she been asking about her.)

(Start scene: She goes outside and see him watering the plants. She sneak up behind him and wrap her arms around him. He pat her arm before she moves and sit in one of the lawn chairs.)

Kenny: What are they up too?

Tracee: They both fell to sleep on me.

Kenny: Yeah, she seems to be sleeping a lot lately.

(Tracee looks down as she pick at her nails.)

Tracee: I'm not ready to say goodbye dad.

Kenny: (looks at her) I know, but god has other plans baby.

Tracee: Why now, there is still so much she has to be here for.

Kenny: I don't know, but your mother doesn't want us to be sad.

Tracee: (wipes her eyes) That's not going to be possible.

(She sits there and they talk for an hour until it was time for them to go home. She makes it home and gets Kam feed, and a bath before they settle in for the night. She was in bed reading a book when Kam comes in with her teddy and her thumb in her mouth.)

Tracee: Hey sweetie what's wrong?

Kamran: I had a bad dream!

Tracee: Aww, you want to come and sleep with me tonight?

Kamran: (runs to the bed) Uh huh!

Tracee: Ok come on, we can have a sleepover.

(Kam climbs on the bed as Tracee lift the covers. Kam settles down and bury herself into her mothers side. Tracee cuts the light off and cuddles Kam as she turns the channel.)

Kamran: You bed is warm.

Tracee: Yeah, and you feet are cold.

Kamran: (closes her eyes) Goodnight mommy, I love you!

Tracee: (kisses her head) Goodnight baby, Inlove you more.

(Kam bury her face into her mothers arm and falls back to sleep instantly. Tracee lays there, as she combs her fingers through her hair thinking. Within an hour she was asleep and they both didn't wake until her alarm goes off.)

(A few weeks has passed and between dealing with work, Kam, and her mother, Tracee was exhausted. It was a Friday even when Malcolm comes over to pick up Kam to stay the weekend with him. He uses his key Tracee gave him for emergencies to get in.)

Tracee: (walks up) You know that key is for emergencies only.

Malcolm: Why difference does it make, it's better than waiting to be let in.

Tracee: Look I appreciate you getting her this weekend, I am beyond tired.

Malcolm: It's fine, I know how hectic things been for you lately.

Tracee: Well all I want to do is sleep.

Malcolm: How's your mom?

Tracee: I really don't want to talk about it.

Malcolm: (looks at her) Look Tracee, I'm here for whatever you need.

Tracee: Yeah, as long as it doesn't involve sex.

Malcolm: Oh you made that very clear.

Tracee: Kam come on your dad is here!

Malcolm: I'll go see if she's ready.