Chapter: 43

(Backstory: Tracee brings Kam to finally see her grandmother after a long stay in the hospital. Over the next few weeks, everyone is tired and needs a break. Early one more Tracee gets a call from her dad, that her mom had passed. She goes over to say her last goodbyes and to be there for her dad. He tells her she need some alone time and she leaves and goes to Malcolm house instead.)

(Start scene: As Malcolm holds Tracee, Kam just stands there watching them. He closes the door, and moves them over to his couch. He sits her down and grasps her shaking hands.)

Malcolm: (caress her hands) What you need?

Tracee: I just need...god I thought I was going to be ready. (rocks back and forth) I thought...my mom is gone.

Malcolm: I'm so sorry!

Tracee: (looks at Kam) Come here baby!

(She hesitates for a second before she runs into her mothers arms. Tracee takes her and holds her tight as she calms down. She pulls back and runs her fingers over Kams cheeks.)

Kamran: Your sad?

Tracee: Yes, mommy is sad.

Kamran: What's wrong?

Tracee: You remember when I told you grandma was sick.

Kamran: Uh huh, and she was going to be with the angels.

Tracee: Yes!

Kamran: Grandma a angel now, and she told me it's ok. She our angel and she loves us.

(Tracee swallows and more tears fall.)

Tracee: She told you that.

Kamran: Yes, she don't want us to be sad anymore.

Tracee: Grandma sure have a way with communicating even when she's not here.

Kamran: I love you mommy!

Tracee: I love you bunches more.

Kamran: Can I go back and play now?

Tracee: (chuckle) Yeah!

(She shakes her head and turns back to Malcolm.)

Malcolm: You want to stay here?

Tracee: I think I'm going to head home, I need to prepare for the next couple days.

Malcolm: I can keep her a little longer if you need  time to make arrangements for you mom.

Tracee: Thank you! But just until Tuesday, anything longer I'm going to go crazy.

Malcolm: (chuckle) Got it, I'm really sorry about your mom, she was a great woman. She loved me like I was her son and she always checked on me even after the divorce.

Tracee: (looks at him) I didn't know that.

Malcolm: Yeah, she is an angel now, but she was one here too.

Tracee: You know she kept pressuring me about us getting back together.

Malcolm: She's was a smart woman.

(She gives him a look.)

Tracee: I think I'm going to head out now.

Malcolm: Ok, call me if you need anything.

Tracee: Thanks again, Kam baby you want to come give me a hug.

(Kam runs over and hugs her mom.)

Kamran: No more tears mommy!

Tracee: I will try! Now I will see you in a couple days ok.

Kamran: Ok!