Chapter: 46

(Backstory: After she tells Malcolm about the pregnancy things goes left. He makes a comment about maybe her moving with him and she doesn't take it well. After they blow up, they discuss when they should tell everyone. So Malcolm puts together this dinner and invites over his parents and her dad.)

(Start scene: After they sit in her dad car for a minute, they get out and knock on the door. Instead of Malcolm, Pat opens the door and is shocked to see her and her father.)

Pat: Kenny what a lovely surprise, hello Tracee.

Kenny: Hello Pat, it's good seeing you.

Tracee: Hi Patricia!

Pat: I didn't know you two was coming over.

Kenny: Yeah, it's all Malcolm idea.

(Tracee gives her a look at the comment and walks in and into the kitchen. She sees Kam helping Mat with something and Malcolm smiling watching.)

May: Oh hello old friend.

Kenny: Hey brother, how's things?

Mat: I should be asking you that!

Kenny: I'm fine man, just taking it one day at a time.

Mat: I'm sorry again for your lost, she was a great woman.

Kenny: Yes, I talk to her everyday.

Kamran: Hey grandpa, hi mommy.

Tracee: Hey sweetie, what you have there?

Kamran: Grandpa Mat showing me how to draw.

Tracee: Oh that's nice, hello Matthew.

Mat: Hello Tracee, it's good seeing you.

Tracee: Thanks, you too!

Malcolm: Well ok let's eat!

(Tracee gives him a look but doesn't say anything. They all sit down and Tracee helps Kam with her food. After everyone has fixed there food, Pat says grace and somewhere in it, Tracee felt like she was talking about her. Thirty minutes into the dinner and eye watching from Pat, she finally breaks her silence.)

Pat: Ok, so son, where is your mystery guest. Is she here, and how come I never met her? How long you two been dating, because I want some more grandkids.

Malcolm: Mom slow down, I'm not dating anyone.

Pat: Ok, so what's all this is for?

Malcolm: I just thought we could have a nice dinner!

Pat: Why?

May: Pat, just eat your food baby.

Pat: No, he called us here for a family dinner and he tells me he's not dating anyone.

Malcolm: Can we just enjoy this dinner please.

Pat: Why is she here?

(It goes quiet and Malcolm closes his eyes and sigh. Kam feeling the tension in the room looks from her parents to her grandma. Kenny not sure what's going on is ready to defend his daughter.)

Malcolm: Mom!

Pat: No son, this woman has cheated on you, how can you be forgiven enough to sit at this table and share food with her.

Kenny: Alright Pat that's enough, you will not sit here and do this.

Mat: Don't talk to my wife like that.

Kenny: Well you need to tell her to hold her tongue.

Tracee: Dad is alright!

Kenny: It's not, I didn't come here for this.